Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snow River 254LSS

dmullen
Explorer
Explorer
Hello!

We are considering this travel trailer and I have been looking on several forums trying to find someone who owns one and can talk to me about it. We really like the floor plan, especially the openness of the rear which is where all the scenery will be. I plan to tow it with a 2014 Ram 1500 Quad Cab HEMI 8-spd auto 3.92 gears & nice WDH.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
dadmomh wrote:
Have never even heard of this brand,

Its another Northwwod product, but a little more family oriented vs Arctic Fox which generally are laid out for couples. Also the Snow Rivers are supposed to shave a little weight, without skipping on build quality.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
I have the smaller 234RBS, pretty happy with the quality

dmullen
Explorer
Explorer
dadmomh wrote:
Have never even heard of this brand, but it's a knock-out floorplan. Gorgeous! Agree further study is needed. Although 1200 miles is quite a hike, strongly suggest you pick it up from the dealer vs having it delivered. Delivery drivers.....deliver. Period. You would not get a PDI, no face to face discussion and if you have any issues, it could be a headache getting them resolved in a timely way. Where would you have to go to pick it up....possibly someone here lives in that area and could go over and take a look for you. Good luck, it's a beauty!

Love the floor plan too. We always pay a little extra to get waterfront sites. This TT is totally open to the back with great windows so you get to enjoy what's behind the TT instead of walking inside a box.

You guys that have this model would you mind taking a picture of how that curvy dinette seat makes out into a bed?

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
Have never even heard of this brand, but it's a knock-out floorplan. Gorgeous! Agree further study is needed. Although 1200 miles is quite a hike, strongly suggest you pick it up from the dealer vs having it delivered. Delivery drivers.....deliver. Period. You would not get a PDI, no face to face discussion and if you have any issues, it could be a headache getting them resolved in a timely way. Where would you have to go to pick it up....possibly someone here lives in that area and could go over and take a look for you. Good luck, it's a beauty!
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

dmullen
Explorer
Explorer
As bad as I want this Snow River, the nearest dealer is 1200 miles away. There are not too many Snow River TT's east of the Mississippi. 8-(

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
Check your payload vs actual trailer tongue weight. AF/Nash trailers tend to be heavier than other similar trailers from other makes, due to the substantial chassis underneath.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

Chester_Lorincz
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased the Snow River 254LSS this spring and have camped with it 4 times for about 2 weeks in total. I did a lot of research before buying the trailer and would be happy to share any info with you that you might need. FYI: I pull it with a Ford F150 ecoboost with no trouble. Excellent trailer in my opinion.

Steamguy
Explorer
Explorer
Suggest you check in with the Northwood Forum, CLICK HERE.

Lots of advice and a clear-headed, calm discussion (with people who actually have experience with the brand) about the guy here on RV.net who finds fault with his new Fox.

I own a Snow River 266RDS, which is somewhat similar. But there's at least two people there that I can think of right now who can give you specifics.

Come on over and ask questions.