cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stable Load Install

big_whitey
Explorer
Explorer
Long story short, the stable loads on my truck have failed. Tork Lift has graciously agreed to replace them with a new style. Problem is I am on the road and in need of someone to do the install. Does anyone know of a reputable place along I-10 between Riverside and Phoenix that would accept the shipped parts and do the repair.
Thanks for any suggestions.
29 REPLIES 29

Wheelholder
Explorer
Explorer
Looked a bit more and found Sunbird RV in Indo, Ca. Phone num is 760-342-2442. Maybe that will help you some.
2008 Silverado crew cab Duramax/Allison
2008 Lance 830

Wheelholder
Explorer
Explorer
Big Whitey, I looked at the torklift website. There are several retailers in the Phoenix area and also in Riverside. Which one are you closer to. Knowing closer to where you are, maybe I could find one closer to your location and help you out.
2008 Silverado crew cab Duramax/Allison
2008 Lance 830

bb_94401
Explorer
Explorer
Ramblin' Ralph wrote:

... If sent US Mail, then have them sent General Delivery to a specific town and you go to Post Office and pick them up ...

2X Have them sent general delivery to a Post Office in the next town that you will be staying.

Did this when when I lost a contact lens on a bike trip. Figured it would take 3 days to get delivered to a Post Office in this region. Identified what town I would be in four days into the future. Rode to the Post Office and picked up package and could see again.

Easier to do General Delivery to a small town Post Office. In large cities, General Delivery may only be available at only one facility under the administration of a multi-facility post office, according to the USPS. Post Office Locator

General Delivery Address Format
'05 Ram 3500, 4x4, DRW, LB, 6spd man, CTD, PRXB exhaust brake, Roadmaster bar

'01 Corsair 10'8" - 4,200 lbs., Xantrex XADC 80A, Link 20, 4-Lifeline GPL-4CT, PowerGate Isolater, 2 AWG wire, PI 30A EMS, 2 Honda EU2000i, parallel kit, ext. duration tank.

K_Mac
Explorer
Explorer
tuna fisher wrote:
Now now boys, calm down it's Sun., go watch the race.
what race? Don't you know about March Madness. I hope my post wasn't taken as offensive. I have a disability and was able to do my install myself, just takes a little longer. I was Just trying to help. Have a good day.

Boatycall
Explorer
Explorer
big whitey wrote:
Long story short, the stable loads on my truck have failed. Tork Lift has graciously agreed to replace them with a new style. Problem is I am on the road and in need of someone to do the install. Does anyone know of a reputable place along I-10 between Riverside and Phoenix that would accept the shipped parts and do the repair.
Thanks for any suggestions.

When you talked with TorkLift about the replacements, did you ask who may be an authorized dealer in the area you're currently in/going to?
They would likely have them on the shelf, be able to work out the RMA with TorkLift, and quite likely do swap.
'15 F450, 30k Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 19.5's, Torklift Fast Guns
'12 Eagle Cap 1160, 800watts solar, Tristar MPPT, Magnum Hybrid 3k Inverter
'15 Wells Cargo 24' Race Trailer, 600 watts Solar, TriStar MPPT, Xantrex 2kw inverter
'17 Can Am X3 XDS Turbo

tuna_fisher
Explorer
Explorer
Now now boys, calm down it's Sun., go watch the race.
2001 GMC DM, 1995 Lance Lite, @005 Eclipse Toyhauler, Toy's!;)

AISURFFISH
Explorer
Explorer
pcoplin wrote:
AISURFFISH wrote:

This response is without a doubt the most insulting and at the same time aggravating post I have read in quite some time..

The original poster is asking a specific request for help.

So let's help this guy !!!

Not all of us can just jump under a truck and start wrenching.. I'm only 41 and will ask for help or spend a few bucks to have a HARD part installed.. I can only imagine a retired person or even a disabled person needing help on the road...

As an employee of a local government agency I work every day making the world more accesable via ADA requirements..
EVERYONE HAS DIFFERENT ABILITIES!

I didn't mean any offense. I was just trying to convey it's an easy install if the hole is drilled. If you can't lay down on your back, that would be a disability issue. I should have worded it wrong. If you are physically able to do it, I's personally recommend doing it instead of spending the money.

If you take offense to that, I apologize. And I'd also recommend you take some supplements to grow some slightly thicker skin.

^ Now that hat last sentence could be considered aggravating. 🙂

Its thick enough to call you out!

I aint skeered ...
2017 F350 6.2L Crew Cab

Arctic Fox 990 2021 TORK-LIFT FAST GUNS AND SUPER HITCH
COOLER RACK OFF THE FRONT ALWAYS FULL OF FISHING RODS TICA TO BE EXACT

pcoplin
Explorer
Explorer
AISURFFISH wrote:

This response is without a doubt the most insulting and at the same time aggravating post I have read in quite some time..

Not all of us can just jump under a truck and start wrenching.. I'm only 41 and will ask for help or spend a few bucks to have a HARD part installed.. I can only imagine a retired person or even a disabled person needing help on the road...

As an employee of a local government agency I work every day making the world more accesable via ADA requirements..

I didn't mean any offense. I was just trying to convey it's an easy install if the hole is drilled. If you can't lay down on your back, that would be a disability issue. I should have worded it differently. If you are physically able to do it, I's personally recommend doing it instead of spending the money.

If you take offense to that, I apologize. And I'd also recommend you take some supplements to grow some slightly thicker skin.

^ Now that hat last sentence could be considered aggravating. 🙂
2005 F350 CCLB Dually 6.0/5R110
2009 Adventurer 950B

AISURFFISH
Explorer
Explorer
pcoplin wrote:
I'm guessing you just don't want to lay on your back? Because if the new style bolt on the same as your old ones, and the hole is already there, then it's like 3 bolts, and may need a pry bar, or flex the suspension some on a curb or slope.

2017 F350 6.2L Crew Cab

Arctic Fox 990 2021 TORK-LIFT FAST GUNS AND SUPER HITCH
COOLER RACK OFF THE FRONT ALWAYS FULL OF FISHING RODS TICA TO BE EXACT

Ramblin__Ralph
Explorer
Explorer
1) UPS might hold them at their local facility
or
2) If sent US Mail, then have them sent General Delivery to a specific town and you go to Post Office and pick them up. I did that on my Alaska trip.
Ralph
2006 GMC 2500HD, XCab, SB, 6.0L w/2001 Lance 845
Bilstein Shocks, TorkLift Stable Loads, 100 Ah LiFePo4, 225 watt solar
My RV Travels Webpage / Yearly Campsite Map / 740 Campsites / YouTube Videos /
Instagram

Jaxom
Explorer
Explorer
Could you ship them to a UPS store? Perhaps Mailbox R Us? An account may need to be set up. The stable loads are small enough to carry around with you once your get them. Any decent sized truck stop should be able to handle the swap.
Jerry
2015 Jayco Seneca 36FK
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2 door
2011 R & R 20' Aluminum Enclosed Car Hauler
2007 Montrose 16' Aluminum Flatbed ATV Trailer

big_whitey
Explorer
Explorer
pcoplin wrote:
I'm guessing you just don't want to lay on your back? Because if the new style bolt on the same as your old ones, and the hole is already there, then it's like 3 bolts, and may need a pry bar, or flex the suspension some on a curb or slope.

You guessed wrong.It is not about laying or not laying on my back. It is about getting the parts shipped to a fiscal address which I can't provide on the road and hanging on to them till I get there. Also it's a little matter of having the right tools for the job which is an unknown .Most jobs are not as simple as they appear,especially when on the road. I know my situation better than anyone and feel the right decision for me and my circumstances is to find a shop to do the install,the search continues.

pcoplin
Explorer
Explorer
2005 F350 CCLB Dually 6.0/5R110
2009 Adventurer 950B

big_whitey
Explorer
Explorer
K Mac wrote:
Are they the upper or lower ? If upper all you would need is an 11/16" wrench. Most RV Ctr.'s stock them. Good Luck

Unfortunately they are lower.
Plus I need an address to ship them too . Surely there has to be at least one reputable shop on I -10. ?? Sure wish there was a Les Schwaab in the area. I had some work done on my brakes in Fresno and all I can say is wow,customer service second to none.

K_Mac
Explorer
Explorer
Are they the upper or lower ? If upper all you would need is an 11/16" wrench. Most RV Ctr.'s stock them. Good Luck