cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tire pressure monitors

rrev
Explorer
Explorer
I am wanting to put tire pressure sensors on my travel trailer but would really like to do it with Bluetooth. I don't really want anything else sitting on the dash. Any done this? This is the set I'm looking at and also getting the repeater to help with the distance.

http://techbyblu.com/phone/index.html
2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD CCSB
2016 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2007 Starcraft Homestead 282DBS (Retired)
7 REPLIES 7

jwandvassie
Explorer
Explorer
I have the tire minder and as others have said, I just lay it on the dash or console because it alarms to a low or flat tire. It paid for itself on the first trip out.

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
Old Islander wrote:

The bluetooth app for this system (BLU TPMS) isn't getting great reviews...

The newest isn't always best.

Consider this:
The more apps you have running on your phone, the faster the battery is used up. When it goes dead, your TPMS dies too. If a tire then goes flat you won't know it until it's too late. And your phone is dead so you can't call for help.

Sometimes too MUCH technology is a bad thing.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
I bought a Carchet system off Amazon for about $75 a few years ago. It came with four screw on sensors and a small display/monitor (about the size of one sensor) that plugs into the 12v power outlet. The display will show the 4 tire pressures and alarms when pressure drops in any tire. I've used the sensors on my Jeep when towing it behind the RV and it works very well.

Carchet TPMS

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have the TST 507. After turning it on and checking the tire pressure, I throw it in the console. If it starts beeping, I will hear it. It is loud.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Old_Islander
Explorer
Explorer
rrev wrote:
I am wanting to put tire pressure sensors on my travel trailer but would really like to do it with Bluetooth. I don't really want anything else sitting on the dash. Any done this? This is the set I'm looking at and also getting the repeater to help with the distance.

http://techbyblu.com/phone/index.html

The bluetooth app for this system (BLU TPMS) isn't getting great reviews... I've been thinking about this for my trailer, too (can't see it while driving, behind our camper...). But the comments would scare me away from this system.

App comments

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you check your phone for tire pressure while driving you may get stopped and a ticket. If you glance at a monitor, you won't.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
Your "display" for the TP monitor system does not have to be on the dash. The one I have is "dark" during normal operation and doesn't have to be constantly monitored 'cause it alarms when there is a problem. I use velcro to stick it on the dash but it can be put anywhere within arms reach.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"