cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venting....Push or pull?

JRoberts37015
Explorer
Explorer
Picked up my travel trailer about 3 weeks ago from a guy that had the roof replace and he installed 12v new vents. Shouldn't those vents when turned on be sucking air out? I know hot air rises and gathers more toward the ceiling. When I turned it on to check them to see if they work it felt like they were pulling air in instead of sucking it out. I believe he has them wired backwards. Am I right?
9 REPLIES 9

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
I made my fans reversible so that I can pressurize the bathroom at critical times. :E

Pressurized explosive vapor? Isn't that what makes engines run? :@

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
The fantastic fan in my ride will suck or blow.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
Hold the toilet open and you will know for sure.

I made my fans reversible so that I can pressurize the bathroom at critical times. :E

That's funny
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
During the day both my fans pull air out but at night we perfer the fan over the bed bring in a gentle cool breeze. Its whatever floats your boat...no right or wrong.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
The vent opening should be facing the rear.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Hold the toilet open and you will know for sure.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you had the windows closed it could feel like air is blowing in. Open a window and you'll feel it fully.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

JRoberts37015
Explorer
Explorer
Ok. Never mind. I checked them again and he has them in right. Its sucking air out. So Moderator if you can delete this I'd appreciate it.

patperry2766
Explorer II
Explorer II
you are correct.
Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation