cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water Help, CRAZY mystery, Calling all Plumbers.

areohdee
Explorer
Explorer
1999 Coachman 252 RKS (all OG components)… OK, I have a tough one for you!!! Water Pipe/Pump/Flow related for all you plumbing experts. Up to two days ago EVERYTHING was working PERFECTLY…Water Pressure, the Pump, City Water Hook-Up, Hot Water, ETC…EVERYTHING.

The Problem: I have COLD water & pressure coming out of the COLD side of the sink/valve in the Bathroom Sink and on the Bath Tub…NO Hot Water side PRESSURE?!?! When the HOT side is open, NOTHING comes out?! That is perplexing enough and can be trouble shot for hours alone, BUT, I have NEITHER HOT OR COLD in the Kitchen Sink to top it all off?!?

What I have done so far: Heated all of the lines (just in case, as it has been cold…ALTHOUGH, this does NOT explain the Kitchen sink NOT working ALL TOGETHER (there should still be cold), but I do hear some air from the Kitchen sink, but water never comes…

I have checked for leaks and found NOTHING.

I have reset the pump (although it still sounds fine and pushes the cold to the bath tub & bathroom sink.
I have emptied the Hot Water Heater tank and checked the pressure valve, and have bypassed it (two valve set up).
I have hooked up to city water (hose) and run the tank at the same time which ONLY gives MORE pressure to where the water flows.
I have tried with the hot water heater on AND off.
I have checked the aerators and they are clear.
I have checked the inputs on the pump and hot water heater and they are clear.

I am at a loss, but don’t want to take her in, lol… ANY ideas?
16 REPLIES 16

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Probably a check valve at the water heater, like this thread talks about:

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/28761568

areohdee
Explorer
Explorer
One thing I have noticed since everything is UP and running is the following:

When the HOT water side on ANY of the faucets is turned on, the hot water heater squeals pretty loud?! Doesn't HAVE to be hot water coming out, OR even that the hot water heater is ON...still squeals pretty loud. AGAIN, everything is working perfectly though?!?!?

NOT sure if this was always the case and we didn't notice before, OR if it's a new thing?! LOL.

Thoughts?

pbohart
Explorer
Explorer
This is probably a long shot, but here is what i have encountered in the past when water is not flowing where expected:
* Ensure no lines are frozen - INCLUDING in our outside kitchen/shower.
* Unscrew the tip of the faucet. I have had a couple occasions where some sort of gunk had collected on the faucet screen. Could be some algea or maybe ants?? Anyway, I cleaned the gunk and sanitized the pieces and flow returned.
* Make sure your winterization valves are in the right position
* I had a air blockage once. Pulled the water heater plug and a litre or so of water came out, then a bunch of air, then water. When I refilled the water it worked fine.
2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Diesel
2012 Jayco Eagle Super-Light 314BDS

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
areohdee wrote:
Thanks all, Here is what I tried/did...

Replaced Screen on City Water Inlet (properly...did it wrong once before, lol).
Replaced Check Valve on the Water Heater.
Wrapped/Skirted RV and put a heater underneath.

EVERYTHING is working again.

It was FROZEN and needed a thaw...I cross checked EVERYTHING above to VERIFY that. THANK YOU to all for your help!! Happy RV'N

Thank you for letting us know that you found a solution.

areohdee
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all, Here is what I tried/did...

Replaced Screen on City Water Inlet (properly...did it wrong once before, lol).
Replaced Check Valve on the Water Heater.
Wrapped/Skirted RV and put a heater underneath.

EVERYTHING is working again.

It was FROZEN and needed a thaw...I cross checked EVERYTHING above to VERIFY that. THANK YOU to all for your help!! Happy RV'N

PeteK-Hou
Explorer
Explorer
drsteve wrote:
Huntindog wrote:
Passin Thru wrote:
Look at all the lines and see if there are valves in them. My Arctic Fox has a total of 9, 3 for each sink, 2 sink drain valves and 1 fresh water drain valve between the axles where you have to crawl under to turn.
OP stated that everything was working fine until it wasn't. So unless he has been fooling with the valves, that won't be the problem

Yup. I'm in the "frozen plumbing" camp myself.

Do they have full hookups in that camp? 🙂

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
DutchmenSport wrote:
Agree... frozen plumbing.

^^^ X4^^^

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Agree... frozen plumbing.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Huntindog wrote:
Passin Thru wrote:
Look at all the lines and see if there are valves in them. My Arctic Fox has a total of 9, 3 for each sink, 2 sink drain valves and 1 fresh water drain valve between the axles where you have to crawl under to turn.
OP stated that everything was working fine until it wasn't. So unless he has been fooling with the valves, that won't be the problem

Yup. I'm in the "frozen plumbing" camp myself.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
Passin Thru wrote:
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer

77rollalong
Explorer
Explorer
check at the back of the hotwater tank and see if there is 3 shut off valves there,

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
The cold line that feeds the kitchen probably also feeds the water heater. Without cold water pressure at the water heater, there'll be no hot water pressure. There's a blockage between the supply and the kitchen/water heater.

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
Frozen plumbing.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board