cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water Quality

Shadow_Catcher
Explorer
Explorer
We camped at Bruin lake camp ground with the Great Lakes TearJerkers this weekend and spent time in Hell, Mi. There is an area in the entrance to empty tanks and or fill up fresh water. I had just replaced the filter in our CX90 filter which has an outer ceramic shell which is fortunately scrub-able because with in a few seconds of turning on the water the nice white filter turned brown.
Judging by what was in the toilets this is silt.
The point is that while this is probably potable what was left in the tanks and water heater of the 5er that filled up at the same time will be with him a long time ๐Ÿ˜ž
7 REPLIES 7

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
We arrived at a CG one time and found a clear plastic cup on the picnic table full of very dirty water. I will always be grateful to that camper who left it there for us to see. It kept my from polluting my whole system.

dmopar74
Explorer
Explorer
Never hurts to run all the water through a filter first, not just the "potable" water.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
delete - double post.
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Were you the first person in line to use the facility? If so, I suspect it may have been Iron bacteria that had settled in the lines during non use period. The parks in Michigan have just recently opened and most likly have not seen much use because the weather has been so chilly and wet. I always run the water from the hydrant on the ground for a few seconds to clear out any settled "stuff" before hooking up or filling my tanks. Not saying that is what happened to you but sounds like it is a possiblity.

By the way, have camped at that campground several times and never had a problem with the water. Perhaps something has changed, since it has been a while since we were there. It is not too far from where we live.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
We carry a 5 gal water container from home for cooking, in case the CG water is bad.

I also carry about 15 gals. in the fresh water tank for dish washing etc. in case we have to primitive camp. The fresh water tank can get sort of funky also.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I too bring my own bottled water for consumption and cooking. Fresh water tank only for showers and dishes.

Probably what got me starting to do this is we always bring the brand of water that makes our fresh ground bean coffee always taste the same.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

jaycocreek
Explorer II
Explorer II
That's one reason I take my own water. There's some nasty water out there.
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04