cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

We may have reached a turning point!

WVbassmistress
Explorer
Explorer
I have always said, our little pop up TC was a test to see if we would actually use it. We do and love the experience. The lack of storage and the pop up aspect are the only downsides. If you don't take it off the truck, every time you leave the site it is a chore to take down and set back up.

Our area is a desert wasteland of truck camper shopping. Closest dealer is at least 2 hours away. That doesn't sound like much, but weekends have been taken up with boating, fishing and camping and all are closed on Sunday. Long story short...(too late)... we got our first chance to check out a Lance this past weekend.

We ran to Columbia SC for a huge professional bass fishing tournament complete with an Expo of all kinds of vendors. Several of the pros actually do the circuit in their truck campers one of which is Davy Hite that promotes Lances. So they had a little booth with 1 TC and one TT at this Expo. I believe it was the 855S. LOVED IT!!!!!! Probably a little much for our needs, but my husband got to see first hand the advantages of a hard side primarily more head room in the bed! He has always had a bug-a-boo about a hitch extension and the rep not only put his concerns to rest, but we later saw his in action. My husband was able to actually lay eyes on one and check it out himself.

So this fall, I think we will make the time to do some road trips to find some dealers to try to upgrade. I would like to check the Lance 825 and the Northstar Liberty. I know a NC gentleman on here dealt with Mike Jones in Ohio and I think he will be our first stop.

ps...all you boat people out there...you have GOT to check out the Evinrude G2. Totally new concept in outboards. We did a test ride (they even let my husband drive it) and it is incredible. Actually able to steer with one finger.
Lisa, Bobby & Dorothy the Wonder Dog
2013 F250 crew cab/6/5 foot bed w/
Firestone airbags
2006 KZ Jag - 29 ft
Ranger Z518
22 ft Suntracker Pontoon
8 REPLIES 8

kerry4951
Explorer
Explorer
OERV in Falling Waters, WV is probably your closest Lance dealer. They always seem to have a nice selection of Lances every time I drive by. I see now they also sell Palomino TCs. It was one of the first places that I looked at when I was in the market. Nice folks to talk to but very high pricing. Of course high prices on TCs is the norm here in the east.
2009 Silverado 3500 dually D/A, Supersprings, Stable Loads, Bilsteins, Hellwig Sway Bar.
2010 Arctic Fox 1140 DB, 220 watts solar, custom 4 in 1 "U" shaped dinette/couch, baseboard and Cat 3 heat, 2nd dinette TV, cabover headboard storage, 67 TC mods

WVbassmistress
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, everyone.

I will keep an eye out on Craigslist. I have had some success in the past selling there, not so much buying. I'll just have to try harder!!!
Firestone airbags
2006 KZ Jag - 29 ft
Ranger Z518
22 ft Suntracker Pontoon

mooring_product
Explorer
Explorer
Craigslist is how we found our TC's. Our closest dealer is also 4 hours away and has two or three units.

The new Evinrude is very cool looking..
Pete
2012 RAM 3500 Mega DRW. Stable Loads and Torklift tiedowns.
2006 Lance 881 Max.

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
Janet and I live about 15 minutes west of Norris Dam... where will you be fishing from on the lake? i sent you an address by PM

I think you saw us last october when we were in the Kanawha valley... we boondocked at ST Albans boat ramp and out on Corr G

I know of one TC for sale at the moment (not mine)

Sleepy
2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

Driftwood132
Explorer
Explorer
Guys always check Craigslist , that is where I found mine, I also had a pop top palomino older one but nice . I'm 6'6" tall so sleeping in the cab over was a little cramped. I kept searching CL and found my hard side Travel Lite in SC ,went to look at it and bought it . right now there is a few around where I look. I watch Knoxville, Atlanta , Greenville upstate and Asheville . I know of two Lance TC for sale. Just a thought.

Bonesquatch
Explorer
Explorer
I was in a similar position. My wife and I had a Palomino Bronco that we enjoyed, but taking it down every time we wanted to drive somewhere was a hassle. It also was noisy since it's basically a tent on a bottom frame. So we looked at hard sided campers and loved the Lances. Problem is, there are no dealers ANYWHERE near us. The camper places all have gigantic rv's and massive fifth wheels. No truck campers. I was lucky to find a dealer 4.5 hours away that had a used one on consignment and was able to pick it up for a good deal. Good luck to you and enjoy!
As for the evinrude, well, I'm a Yamaha guy, myself.
"That's just...like...your opinion...man..."--The Dude
2012 Chevy 2500 HD
2012 Lance 850

WVbassmistress
Explorer
Explorer
First thing we did...I believe before we even took the first trip...was switch out the jacks! No-way we would ever be without. It's that darn cranking up the top that we are whining about now.

We are heading out to Lake Norris in TN this week. I am hoping he keeps the vision of that nice new Lance in his head.
Firestone airbags
2006 KZ Jag - 29 ft
Ranger Z518
22 ft Suntracker Pontoon

kohldad
Explorer
Explorer
You think you are in a desert wasteland of TC, come down to SC. Closest new dealer is 5 hours away in St Augustine. Even used ones are few and hours away.

With electric jacks, you will be more likely to unload at campsite especially if you go for a long weekend. My DW didn't know why I bought our small hardside, but she fell in love with the camping style once the kids quit going with us and it was just us two. Now, we too are looking for bigger with a few more amenities.

Have fun with the search and make them some camping weekend trips.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)