cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Weight Distribution Hitch Systems - Thoughts?

CampinHappy
Explorer
Explorer
Getting close to getting another trailer. I'm looking at the TrueTrack WDH but wanted to get my esteemed consultants from this forum for suggestions.

Also - what other options "should" the dealer provide on a new trailer or be part of the negotiations?

Muchas Thanks!
CampinHappy
West Texas Region
2021 Premier 29RK, 2017 F-150 pulling it fine
Former covered wagons include:

2007 K-Z Spree 240 BH with triple bunks for my 3 amigos
Formerly a 99 Coleman Niagara PUP
wife version 1.0 (so far :B) 4 boys who have flown the coop ๐Ÿ™‚
20 REPLIES 20

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
CampinHappy wrote:
Getting close to getting another trailer. I'm looking at the TrueTrack WDH but wanted to get my esteemed consultants from this forum for suggestions.

Also - what other options "should" the dealer provide on a new trailer or be part of the negotiations?

I think that the TrueTrack would be as good as the Equalizer brand if you want steel on steel friction and its related noise.

When negotiating on the trailer purchase, I would beat down the bare trailer price without muddying things up with small items. You can then find the accessories that you want from any source.

beermanjoe
Explorer
Explorer
Upgraded to an Equalizer 4 point hitch. Should have done it years ago.
2018 Ram 2500 4x4 CC 4.10 gears 2020 Shadow Cruiser 329QBS

Monaramblee
Explorer
Explorer
Spare no expense on safety get the best.
HENSLEY hitch
2008 Holiday rambler Vacationer XL
340 HP Cummins

treyster
Explorer
Explorer
Have them set the hitch up for you.

Another Equalizer user here.

Mickeyfan0805
Explorer
Explorer
We've been using our Equal-i-zer hitch for the past 11 years with great success. Two trailers and three tow vehicles, and it has worked well with each. It is a similar design to the TruTrack - not sure what technical differences might exist. Someone more in the know would need to give those details, but we've been happy with ours.

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
We have the Blue Ox version with the same basic design (Pivoting front connections with the bars sitting on L-Brackets to provide friction to resist sway)

So far about 4000 miles on it including some crazy wind across Wyoming. No complaints so far. If you go over a steep grade change at a driveway or make a sharp turn, you will hear some noise as the bars slid on the L-Brackets but not an issue once out on the road.

Overall like it compared to the old chain style. No need to hook up a separate sway bar and sway has not been an issue.

Not a fan of the lever bar they provide (the one for your model looks pretty much identical). When the dealer showed us how to use it, they still had to raise the hitch up to get it to work and it was just more hassle than it's worth plus it damaged the paint. We just take the hitch up after connecting the ball until you can put the bars in place without using the leverage bar.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV