cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What do you tie your awnings down with?

karalyn
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for a simple way of tieing my awning down so the wind won't take it. Any suggestions???
Thanks
35 REPLIES 35

MeandMyLabs
Explorer
Explorer
I use two of the corkscrew anchors mentioned above along with two rachet straps and two rubber type bungie cords looped over the awning roller at the top. The bungie cords allow you to put tension on the straps and keep them from coming loose. When camping on concrete, I replace the anchors with two 5 gallon buckets filled with water and covered with lids. I simply hook the rachet straps to the handles of the buckets.
2017 Salem Hemisphere
2009 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.0 L

MnDuckBoatguy
Explorer
Explorer
just a side note. I use these to hold the awning when on the road. Just in case. Bungee wraps for awning travel.
1997 Dodge 8.0L 3.54 2500 3xtra leafs
2006 Denali 28LBBS-M5:15,000ac, half-time convection
Assorted Duck boats
2 CPE2000i Parallel
Dear Wife, 4 boys, 1 girl,Black Lab

tbrowne
Explorer
Explorer
You'd do well to put the awning away when it gets windy and never leave the campground with the awning out. The straps won't hold if a strong gust hits it and they ultimately hinder extending and retracting the awning.
Terry Browne

wrvond
Explorer II
Explorer II
Any Dollar store carries the corkscrew tie-out anchors for less than $5.00 USD each, and I use ratchet straps that cost about $2.00 USD each. Keep the ratchets lubricated and they'll last a long, long time.
2022 Keystone Cougar 24RDS
2023 Ram 6.7L Laramie Mega Cab

GMT830
Explorer
Explorer
Hmmm.....never thought about that. It's pretty solid to the camper but sure would stink to pull the lower brackets off....

How about two of those twist in things you hook the dog too? Couple of cam buckle or ratchet straps.
Lena - 02 Yukon XL Denali
TT - Wilderness 29L

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
You can buy awning straps that anchor to the ground at any rv store (or online) or just get 2 of the corkscrew type anchors used for securing dog leashes and some rope or a ratchet strap. Really only good for the manual awnings, the new power awnings shouldn't be strapped.
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley