cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What is a "Small TT"?

RSD559
Explorer
Explorer
Are they just short in length, or are they the cool new ones with non-conventional shapes and configurations? Our new trailer is small, but it is very much a normal travel trailer: bed, dinette, kitchenette, and bath in a big box. Is it considered a "Small TT"?
2020 Torque T314 Toy Hauler Travel Trailer- 38' tip to tip.
2015 F-350 6.7L Diesel, SRW.
2021 Can Am Defender 6 seater. Barely fits in the toy hauler!
66 REPLIES 66

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
That is not small. It's micro.

chracatoa wrote:
How about this
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

mr61impala
Explorer
Explorer
TacoPuller wrote:
If you step out of bed and accidentally step on the flush pedal on the toilet, the trailer might be considered small.

Big Grin
Shopping for Travel Trailer

BigSkyTrailer_G
Explorer
Explorer
My 16' feels huge when I'm trying go tow it over an icy summit.

Carl_Spackler
Explorer
Explorer
By most of these comments my TT is considered small at 23 feet but with a large slide and Murphy bed I am hoping it doesn't feel too small! (I pick it up in 2 days). Jayco White Hawk 23MBH small.

atreis
Explorer
Explorer
IMO, ours is not small, although many here might think it so - I think it's "medium". IMO anything 17' and under is small. The teardrops are "really small". ๐Ÿ™‚
2021 Four Winds 26B on Chevy 4500

TacoPuller
Explorer
Explorer
If you step out of bed and accidentally step on the flush pedal on the toilet, the trailer might be considered small.

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
My trailer was very small when the kids and dog came along. Now that it's just the wife and I, it's pretty comfy. I'll go so far as to call it medium.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

69_Avion
Explorer
Explorer
lgarcia wrote:
I am in a 14ft TT. I consider that small.

So would everyone else.

LOL
Ford F-350 4x4 Diesel
1988 Avion Triple Axle Trailer
1969 Avion C-11 Camper

lgarcia
Explorer
Explorer
I am in a 14ft TT. I consider that small.
-Laura
2016 Shasta Oasis 18BH (specs and floor plan in profile)
2015 Ram 1500 Hemi

Slowmover
Explorer
Explorer
A small trailer has a wet bath and an impermanent bed (one which must be put away, so to speak). Still, some trailers are shorter than others, but "small" means compact in the essence of that word, IMO.
1990 35' SILVER STREAK Sterling, 9k GVWR
2004 DODGE RAM 2WD 305/555 ISB, QC SRW LB NV-5600, 9k GVWR
Hensley Arrow; 11-cpm solo, 17-cpm towing fuel cost

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our first TT was 20' and was towed by a reg. cab truck. No problem driving up and down the lanes in a crowded Walmart parking lot. Could easily park in two end to end stalls in a parking lot. I would say if you can't do this, your TT is not "small". ๐Ÿ™‚ Small has advantages.

Now with a 29' TT and extended cab truck, I have to park waaay far away at the back of parking lot and need to straddle something like 20 stalls. Have to walk a long way to the store entrance (bummer). ๐Ÿ˜ž 'Course, there's times when you can't find a section of empty stalls you can straddle and you are SOL on picking up food for the CG. ๐Ÿ˜ž

JustALittleBeac
Explorer
Explorer
... excuse me , did you lose one of your slides ?

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Heavy Metal Doctor wrote:
I guess I would say that to me, any unit where the master bed can't be left in sleep mode while the couch is in use is small.

Add has optional toilet and shower, now that is small

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer

21ft closed up sleeping for 2 or opened up and sleeping for 6.
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt