cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What was Ram thinking

Big_Ray
Explorer
Explorer
http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2015/02/2015-ram-laramie-limited-targets-high-end-buyers.html
2011 Rockwood 8314BSS Signature
2013 Ram 3500 Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab DRW with the 6.7 Cummins
125 REPLIES 125

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Finally saw a 2015 King Ranch F150 today. I think it was just as gawdy as this Ram. I admit I likes me some bling, but enough is enough!
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:

Ok I wasn't even going to comment anymore, but since Don threw me under the bus I simply stated my opinion along with other RAM owners negative opinion about this latest design release.

I didn't even see Don smack down the current RAM owners in this thread who made negative comments about Dons' companies latest design release, but I guess they as usual get a free pass. :h

One more time Don.... Control the angst my friend! :W

God I love you Troy, hay do you work as a spin Doctor? This BS all started after I posted my comment and yes took a shoot at the fact that SD is stamped in 6 or 7 places on their trucks. My point was why is that OK from a design stand point? What did that get me 5 different people jumping down my throat because I dared make a negative comment about their vehicle. Hell I even had a Chevy guy jump on me and I said I like the looks of the new GM/Chevy LOL!

I don't care if you make your feelings known about the new Laramie Limited, I also don't like the the badge on the tailgate. My bet is that will be addressed. But don't try and make me out to be the guy that only posts negative things about Ford. He who is without hater posts, cast out the first comment. LOL

Don
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Perrysburg Dodgeboy wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong but there is not a single location on the 13 and newer trucks that say DODGE.

Only place on my 11 is the little cubby above the stereo.

My 2015 it reads Ram. No where does it say Dodge, not even in the owners manual.

Lets clear the air here though. Some of you assume I'm mad, I'm not, I think it's kind of funny that there are a few on this site that feel they need to post negative things about anything Chrysler, Dodge, Ram, Jeep or Fiat.

Now when they do, than yes I will respond, Troy can not help himself and it is kind of funny too. The others that make comments about rusting and try and back their statements up using "well I know this guy" Or "I was walking the dog and I came across this guy" whatever. When I post about Ford , it is from MY experience not second, third or even fourth hand. I was treated very poorly by Ford and their dealers. Go check my posts, I don't get on Ford threads and post smack, to bad the same can't be said for the few others on this site.

Truth be known, I was done with Chrysler back in 1989 until a found a small dealer that actually cared about his customers! Everyone knows I work for Chrysler, I don't hide that fact. It does get very tiring when you have grown men that act like high schoolers bashing people just because they think it's cool. Grow the hell up! If you don't like FCA then don't buy their vehicles, and stay the hell out of threads about them! As I said, I don't TROLL the Ford threads so why do you TROLL FCA threads. Makes you look piety and stupid IMO.

Don

Ok I wasn't even going to comment anymore, but since Don threw me under the bus I simply stated my opinion along with other RAM owners negative opinion about this latest design release.

I didn't even see Don smack down the current RAM owners in this thread who made negative comments about Dons' companies latest design release, but I guess they as usual get a free pass. :h

One more time Don.... Control the angst my friend! :W
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

john_bet
Explorer
Explorer
Personally, I do not care what some one thinks about the brand,color,shape,gvw or what ever of the truck I buy. It is for me, period. I care even less what you all buy for you. Ye-all have a good day.:)
2018 Ram 3500 SRW CC LB 6.7L Cummins Auto 3.42 gears
2018 Grand Design 337RLS

4X4Dodger
Explorer II
Explorer II
Perrysburg Dodgeboy wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong but there is not a single location on the 13 and newer trucks that say DODGE.

My 2015 it reads Ram. No where does it say Dodge, not even in the owners manual.

Lets clear the air here though. Some of you assume I'm mad, I'm not, I think it's kind of funny that there are a few on this site that feel they need to post negative things about anything Chrysler, Dodge, Ram, Jeep or Fiat.

Now when they do, than yes I will respond, Troy can not help himself and it is kind of funny too. The others that make comments about rusting and try and back their statements up using "well I know this guy" Or "I was walking the dog and I came across this guy" whatever. When I post about Ford , it is from MY experience not second, third or even fourth hand. I was treated very poorly by Ford and their dealers. Go check my posts, I don't get on Ford threads and post smack, to bad the same can't be said for the few others on this site.

Truth be known, I was done with Chrysler back in 1989 until a found a small dealer that actually cared about his customers! Everyone knows I work for Chrysler, I don't hide that fact. It does get very tiring when you have grown men that act like high schoolers bashing people just because they think it's cool. Grow the hell up! If you don't like FCA then don't buy their vehicles, and stay the hell out of threads about them! As I said, I don't TROLL the Ford threads so why do you TROLL FCA threads. Makes you look piety and stupid IMO.

Don

I too get tired of the level of discussion that is too often found here. It seems we have lost the ability to disagree with grace and amiability and discuss with an open mind even the most inconsequential topics.

What might be better is just a series of "echo Chambers" one for Ford, Chevy and Dodge so everyone can just agree, sniff each others backsides and wag their tails happily...

BenK
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
NJRVer wrote:
I like the grille.
They should put a pair of lights in those spots.
I was thinking cold air intakes for a couple of turbo's.

Best yet...and a natural...I'd still paint it black...but that is just me...
-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
NJRVer wrote:
I like the grille.
I was thinking cold air intakes for a couple of turbo's.

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm not brand loyal I buy what works best for me at the time. I currently have Fords but have bought 3 new Dodges in the past. Some people take brand loyalty a little to serious. When I need a new truck I will look at the big 3 and buy what works best for me.

Targa
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing to get bent out of shape over. People bust Ram's marbles, people also bust Ford's and Gm's marbles equally as well, for the most part, it is friendly barber shop banter. I grew up in a Ford vs. Dodge rivalry with my Grandpa, 30 years worth until he died a couple years ago. One of the many, little things I miss doing with him. Christ, they are just trucks....lol.

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Don
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
I like the grille.

4X4Dodger
Explorer II
Explorer II
This topic has devolved into something that sounds more like a bunch of 12 year-old boys arguing in the schoolyard about whose Dad can beat up the others.

None of the automakers are making "JUNK", as one poster called the Ford. All of the big three and Toyota all make great products. I have my own opinions on which are slightly better than the other for one reason or another.

But that discussion seems impossible to have on any reasonable basis here.

Having said that and while I enjoy all the luxury and gadgets on my new '14 Dodge I have to say that there is a part of me that longs for the simplicity and "atmosphere" of my uncle's 53 Chevy pick up with the starter button on the floor, the stick shift with it's big round phenolic ball handle, the thick vinyl seats and it's simple mechanics.

Bedlam
It is true that the VIN is still identified as Dodge - At least it is is on my 2015.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

transamz9
Explorer
Explorer
My 2005 does not have Dodge on it anywhere and I have owned it since new and I have not removed any badges.
2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Limited/2013 Ram 3500 SRW Cummins(sold)/2005 RAM 2500 Cummins/2011 Sandpiper 345 RET (sold) 2015 Sanibel 3601/2008 Nitro Z9 Mercury 250 PRO XS the best motor made.