cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who has insights on a 15K BTU AIRCOMMAND RV A/C & HEAT PUMP.

BlkCaribou
Explorer
Explorer
I am considering buying 15k BTU AIRCOMMAND RV A/C & HEAT PUMP, COMPLETE, DUCTED unit for my truck camper.

http://www.rvsupplywarehouse.com/rv-air-conditioners/15k-btu-aircommand-rv-a-c-heat-pump-complete-du...

1. Anyone have personal experience with this unit?

2. Is 15K a good fit for my camper? installed now is a Coleman-Mach Air 8632-870 which I believe is 13.5 btu I have a 99 Fleetwood Caribou 11' 6" which I've owned 5 years now and I'm pretty sure it's a factory installed unit.

3. I believe, or maybe hope, it will work with the exsisting ducting and rooftop cut out. Any insight or experience with this would be great!

3. The onbaord gen, a genrac34, can it run a 15k unit?

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

BlkCaribou
Explorer
Explorer
ok thanks,I appreciate the good information!

Reddog1
Explorer
Explorer
BlkCaribou, I stepped on my tongue, er finger. I meant to say cycle. I am referring to the compressor cycling on and off because it has made temp? From what I have read, it will cycle more. It is also harder on the compressor.

As Victory402 posted, the cycling will not allow the A/C to properly remove the humidity from the air.

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

Victory402
Explorer
Explorer
An AC unit that is over sized will not run long enough to remove the humidity from the air.

BlkCaribou
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Reddog1,
thanks for your reply. When you say recycle are you speaking of the compressor cycling on and off because it has made temp? I would think it would do that less.

Reddog1
Explorer
Explorer
In my opinion, it is too big for your TC. It will recycle often. This is not from my personal experience, but what I have read many times. I too have a 11.5 foot TC, with a 9,200 btu A/C. It geets the TC really cool.

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke