cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wolf Creek 850 Freshwater drain

Cabman_850
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all. Found this site a couple months ago while looking for a new TC. We recently purchased a 2013 Wolf Creek 850 to replace our much loved Northstar TS100. Going to miss that camper. Anyway, we got the camper home and needed to winterize it, but the freshwater drain plug is not working. I was told it was the exterior valve on the back right of the camper. I opened it up and nothing. We ended up cycling the water out with the pump into the grey tank and draining it, but I need to get the fresh water drain working. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for the help.
11 REPLIES 11

gwalter
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cabman 850 wrote:
gwalter wrote:
Hi Cabman, It is a good looking camper. Give a yell this weekend and I will come over and see if I can be of any help. GW

I had a feeling I was being watched, guess I should have closed the blinds that first night I brought it home and you guys would not of had to endure the "happy dance" I was doing! C'mon over Saturday and we will give you the nickel tour. Sandy will be back from Texas on Friday and I can't wait for her to see it,...I think! This will teach her to go out of town and leave me with a checkbook.Oh well, at least I'll have a nice "doghouse" to stay in. LOL

LOL I missed the happy dance. I bet she will forgive you fast when she gets to see it.
2010 Ram 3500 Laramie
2021 Bighorn 3120 RK
B & W Companion Hitch
Air Bags

MORSNOW
Navigator II
Navigator II
Thank you for your explanation anutami, I didn't realize that I could speed up the draining process like that. But I still need to open the main drain line to empty the tank when winterizing or sanitizing (mine is located in the rear storage compartment on the same side of the camper as on your long bed model).

Hopefully Cabman can get his to drain properly. I know parking mine nose high makes a world of difference when draining.
2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

Cabman_850
Explorer
Explorer
gwalter wrote:
Hi Cabman, It is a good looking camper. Give a yell this weekend and I will come over and see if I can be of any help. GW

I had a feeling I was being watched, guess I should have closed the blinds that first night I brought it home and you guys would not of had to endure the "happy dance" I was doing! C'mon over Saturday and we will give you the nickel tour. Sandy will be back from Texas on Friday and I can't wait for her to see it,...I think! This will teach her to go out of town and leave me with a checkbook.Oh well, at least I'll have a nice "doghouse" to stay in. LOL

gwalter
Explorer III
Explorer III
2010 Ram 3500 Laramie
2021 Bighorn 3120 RK
B & W Companion Hitch
Air Bags

anutami
Explorer III
Explorer III
Check that

Valve Off

Valve On
2001 Ford F350 LB Diesel 4x4 CrewCab Stick
2015 Wolf Creek 850 Thermal Pane Windows, Oven, Reinforced Anchor Bolts, 200w Solar, Torklift Tie Downs, Fastguns, Stableloads

anutami
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cabman 850 wrote:
Thanks for the replies guys.
I figured removing the screws that hold the valve would be my next move. I assumed it would be slow like my previous TC, but there is not even a drop coming out? The low water drains in the dump valve compartment did their job but do not drain all the water from the fresh water tank like my Northstar TC would do when I ran the pump.

Cabman, keep in mind the fresh water tank is all the way forward so if the camper is not slanted back it will not drain. Also, that valve is pretty cheesy and akward. Turn it 1/4 turn and it should be on. If you turn it all the way it turns it back in the off position.please take some pictures and post them here I am wondering what it looks like once the valve is removed. Also, try and look under the step in the cabover and see if any pipes are missing. Did you buy the camper through a dealer or private sale?
2015 Wolf Creek 850 Thermal Pane Windows, Oven, Reinforced Anchor Bolts, 200w Solar, Torklift Tie Downs, Fastguns, Stableloads

MORSNOW
Navigator II
Navigator II
Those are the two low point drain valves.
2014 Wolf Creek 850SB

anutami
Explorer III
Explorer III
MORSNOW,

the valves in the black/gray dump valves are not gravity fed. Open the vavles up and turn on the water pump and you can drain the fresh water tank much faster. I was not aware it does not drain the entire tank however.

Cabman_850
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies guys.
I figured removing the screws that hold the valve would be my next move. I assumed it would be slow like my previous TC, but there is not even a drop coming out? The low water drains in the dump valve compartment did their job but do not drain all the water from the fresh water tank like my Northstar TC would do when I ran the pump.

MORSNOW
Navigator II
Navigator II
Cabman, the fresh water drain is v-e-r-y s-l-o-w so it may seem like it's plugged. I'm assuming it's due to a lack of venting??? Are you sure you have the correct valve open? The two low point drain lines (hot/cold) are also back there and don't hold very much water before going dry.

Anutami, I have the fresh water tank drain valve in the rear by the black & gray dump valves, and also the two (hot/cold) low point drain lines back there. I've always just opened the fresh water tank valve and let it drain naturally (takes forever), how does operating the water pump help with the fresh water drain? Maybe I'm just mis-understanding what you wrote?

(My 850 is the short bed model so the valve locations may very a little)
2014 Wolf Creek 850SB

anutami
Explorer III
Explorer III
That is strange that it's not working. I wonder if it is clogged. You also have a freshwater drain in the sewer dump valve compartment that is operated by using the Water pump. There's both a hot and cold drain valve. The one in the rear right is gravity fed you may want to remove the screws take off the valve and inspect the hose.

Congrats on the purchase you got a great camper.

Nolan