Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Citation Supreme Truck Camper

streamdream
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Everyone,
I purchased a real gem of a camper the other day. It's a 2003 Citation Supreme 9'1" truck camper that's fully loaded and has been sitting in covered, temperature controlled storage for over 12 years. I can't find anyone who has one of these.

It came with all the ownership material, but didn't come with a maintenance or service manual. Can someone point me in the right direction to start looking for one? I'd also be interested in hearing about your ownership experiences with one of these nice campers.
8 REPLIES 8

Z-Peller
Explorer
Explorer
Wrong, General Coach was purchased by Thor way back in 1982.

I stand corrected..I did not know that. I will edit my original post.....however, the story goes on! Thor Industries sold General Coach Canada in 2010.
Bill..
2017 Bigfoot 10.4 camper...2016 GMC 3500 4x4 Xcab Duramax Dually...

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
Wrong, General Coach was purchased by Thor way back in 1982.

https://www.thorindustries.com/history#:~:text=%20History%20%201%20Founding.%20Thor%20Industries%20Inc.,In%201986%2C%20Thor%20was%20listed%20on...%20More%20

And this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor_Industries#:~:text=In%201982%2C%20Thor%20acquired%20the%20Canada-based%20General%20Coach%2C,under%20the%20stock%20ticker%20symbol%20%22THO%22%20in%201986.

3 tons

Z-Peller
Explorer
Explorer
Citation and Corsair where manufactured by General Coach Canada.( a Thor Industries company at the time) Their campers, trailers, and Class C's were known for being well built. Their RV division went down about 2008-09 along with the rest in the big melt down.
Thor Industries sold General Coach Canada in 2010. General Coach continued to build construction trailers and house trailers but no more RV's. In 2020 they started building travel trailers again.
Bill..
2017 Bigfoot 10.4 camper...2016 GMC 3500 4x4 Xcab Duramax Dually...

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
When I was in the market for a truck and camper,a guy in Spokane had a very nice 10ft Citation on a Chevy 3500 SRW..The camper was A+ but the combo just didn't drive right, so I passed because he would not separate them...Not enough truck for that camper..It sure felt heavy on that SRW..
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

Darryl_Rita
Explorer
Explorer
Citation's were heavy, comparatively, for the size, but they were well built. Keep on top of the seals around the windows and doors, the lights, and especially the roof hatches. Keep an eye on the roof, they tended to say a bit, over time.
***UPDATE 2006 3500 SRW MegaCab pulling a 2007 fleetwood 5'er

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a new Citation 9-6 (non-slide) in 2005, and toured the factory in Armstrong, Canada in about 2006, a Thor Company... Citationโ€™s quality control process was quite impressive - before the camper could move from one work station to the next it had to pass a QC inspection by a third party individual...The width was 102โ€ with 2โ€ walls...After a few camping seasons we decided we needed a bigger camper so reluctantly traded it in for a larger Eagle Cap model having a slide-out...I believe that post recession, they quit building truck campers in about 2009ish.

As far as maintenance goes, nothing out of the ordinary is required except (as with all rvโ€™s) to be extra diligent at maintaining the caulking around all seams, appurtenances, marker lights, tail lights and jack mounts...

Enjoy, after touring about five different manufacturers plants, I believe that due to their extremely thorough build process, Citation was truly the best of the best!!

3 tons

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Please post some pictures.

Try this for pictures: http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=3
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
I owned a 1987 class C diesel Citation Supreme. The house part was wonderfully well built. They did have a factory in British Columbia.

Mine did not come with a service manual.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.