cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Route Advice

DC12
Explorer
Explorer

Hi everyone. We need advice on the best route to take. In a couple weeks.  We will be pulling a 2930rl from Dodge City, KS to Bend Oregon. The shortest route takes us from Dodge City up to Fort Collins. North of Fort Collins, we take 287 to Laramie, WY. At Laramie, we take 80 to Salt Lake City then turn off on 84 to go around SLC until we get to 15. We take 15 north to Ontario, OR then take 20 into Bend. Anyone taken this route? How are the elevations? Grades? Any advice? Also, recommendations for places to stay and eat would be appreciated. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Carl_n_Susan
Nomad II
Nomad II

I assume you forgot the portion on I-15 north of SLC is only until Tremonton where you connect again to Hwy-84 to Ontario.

We have done traveled the Bend to Hwy-80 East of SLC portion of this part of your route numerous times We are pulling a 40' 5th wheel and had zero issues.  I recall a couple of grades northeast of SLC but nothing traumatic.

Temp Signature1
Second Line
Third line
Fourth Line

Thank you!!

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator

hi, you have replied in a area that is for issues or questions with the actualy fourm software and operation, you would likely get more help by posting in the proper group.  maybe one or more of the regional groups, the bucket list trips or even the travel trailer group.  

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

Thanks- I posted to a correct area.  Appreciate it!