cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I65 thru southern Indiana

lenr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Anyone been on I65 between Indy and Louisville lately? It was as rough as a wash board with holes in it last year.
10 REPLIES 10

lenr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well we just did the run south, camping south of Louisville. Definitely better than last year. South of exit 29 was some construction but didn't slow us up. We took the bypass around the west side of Louisville. Adds miles but no slow downs. Could see red lights ahead on I65.

two_slides
Explorer
Explorer
lenr wrote:
Thanks for the replies. We'll be checking it out soon. Cincinnati route may be an option in the future--has been in the past!

may want to reconsider again!!! the I-275 bypass bridge between Lawrenceburg, In. & Kentucky will have Major construction until late November this year. I see it on the news every day, delays run anywhere between 5 minutes to 90 minutes. morning rush hours are the worst.

BTW-- I-65 south of Seymour to I-64 is mostly repaved & good, but road between Seymour & Columbus was rough. Southbound traffic probably the same.

oldtrojan66
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the update.
2007 Jayco Designer 36RLTS
2006 F350 DRW 6.0 PSD (powerstrokehelp.com)
When you're born, everyone is smiling and you're crying. Live so that when you die everyone else is crying and you're smiling!

lenr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for the replies. We'll be checking it out soon. Cincinnati route may be an option in the future--has been in the past!

Peg_Leg
Explorer
Explorer
Wait until they get the bridge done in Louisville. They will take a pic of your plates and send you the toll charge in the mail.
2012 Chevy 3500HD Dually 4X4
Crew Cab long bed 6.0 gasser 4.10
2019 Open Range OF337RLS
Yamaha EF3000iSE
retired gadgetman

INBellbuoy
Explorer
Explorer
Oldtrojan66, The bridge near Lafayette has been repaired and 65 northbound has re-opened.
INBellbuoy, wife of 36 yrs, 19 yr old son, & Scruffy the Goldendoodle, 2007 Dodge 3500 Quad Cab, 2005 Lund 1800 Explorer w/ 90 hp Yamaha & Minn Kota I-Pilot Link , 2006 Host Yukon W/ Tent 80W solar panel

oldtrojan66
Explorer
Explorer
Came home that way three weeks ago. They are still working in Louisville. Probably take ten more years. All depends on time of day. We sailed both ways this trip, but have lost up to an hour at rush time. (Why call it rush?) North of there lots of new paving done. Just a few slow-downs before greenwood, southport. North of Indy interstate closed near Lafayette for bridge replacement. Don't know about road condition north of Indy. Hth
2007 Jayco Designer 36RLTS
2006 F350 DRW 6.0 PSD (powerstrokehelp.com)
When you're born, everyone is smiling and you're crying. Live so that when you die everyone else is crying and you're smiling!

Robert8252
Explorer
Explorer
Was there a month ago. Still crappy road surfaces with most of the construction being 15 miles before and after Louisville and 15 miles before you get to downtown Indy and 465 area. I wouldn't say make sure to avoid it unless it's not too far out of the way for a different route. Speed limit 5 miles of the river is 35mph as of when I was there.

john_bet
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of construction from Indy south for about 25-30 miles. Suggest you get in a lane and stay there and bring a ton of mellow and don't be in a hurry. Not sure about from US-50 south, but I think your good till you get closer to I-64. The new bridge construction over the Ohio will slow you down again so easy does it. There will be some crazy/stupid drivers in the construction zones and lots of trucks.
2018 Ram 3500 SRW CC LB 6.7L Cummins Auto 3.42 gears
2018 Grand Design 337RLS

aslakson
Explorer
Explorer
It was mostly one-lane as they were resurfacing in June, last time we were thru there. Might be smoother now.

al
Fulltiming since Apr 2007 in 2000 Rexhall Aerbus, towing 2012 Honda CRV. 47 of the lower 48 so far.