cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Phoenix to Kingman

Rug
Explorer
Explorer
Traveling the last week of March from Phoenix to Kingman.

How is 60 from Phoenix to Wickenburg. Then 93 from
Wickenburg up to I-40.
A couple of Mules
with a Covered Wagon
9 REPLIES 9

RamblinManGA
Explorer
Explorer
Hi from AZ. . . I too would take I-17 to Hwy 74 (arefree Hwy, then West to US 93 n. Construction on both roads, but doesn't seem to be mucking things up too bad (yet) be safe, Craig
Formerly 'Seahawk09'

Rug
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the info.

BillMfl We have the same thing here in the Texas Hill Country with all the wildflowers.
A couple of Mules
with a Covered Wagon

crabbin_cabin
Explorer
Explorer
I assume you mean 60 to Wickenburg?? An easier route - to avoid the long drive past all the subdivision/communities along 60 - take the 101 around to I 17, go north to the carefree Highway and go west to join 60 about 15 miles south of Wickenburg.

A good place to stop for the night - no power though - about 5 miles south of Wikiup is Burro Creek CG ( a BLM spot). It is one of our favorite birding spots in that general area!! The turn off ( on your left) is well marked and the road down to the creek (below the big silver bridge is in good shape ( as of a month ago).

BillMFl
Explorer
Explorer
Used to travel to Kingman on business. Commuted from Vegas. All on expense account. Those were the days! The drive thru the desert in early spring is stunning. The dry barren landscape turns into a mass of beautiful flowers. Doesn't last long but one of nature's wonders. The plants have to sprout, mature and bloom quickly before the heat of summer bakes them dry.
Order is illusion. Chaos is reality. But right or wrong I'm still the captain. ๐Ÿ™‚

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
After you go around the second traffic circle look to the right and see if there happens to be a rodeo going on. If so stop it just may be a senior rodeo.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

pigman1
Explorer
Explorer
We came down that route 3 days ago and it was a fine ride.
Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

4aSong
Explorer
Explorer
Just last week traveled Wickenburg up to I-40 and there is construction going on with the widening of the road, encountered no delays but be safe as there is always those that need to lead the pack.
M & N

Tundra TRD V8 4x4 w/Leer Shell
EU2000i * Prodigy * McKesh * Trek * Renogy * ENU

Rug
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks

We travel sloooooow. Not too many miles in a day.
When the mules get tired we stop.
We will spend the night in Wikieup maybe, maybe not.
A couple of Mules
with a Covered Wagon

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
It might be slow traveling with the covered wagon, but it's a good route for RV's.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog