Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Texas RV campgrounds

We are Rving it right now at NAS Corpus Christi. Heading toward OK. Looking for some suggestions for nice RV sites going on the east side of San Antonio, Austin, Dallas. We really like COE Hickory Creek. But need something more south. Any favorite pl...

Debbie by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Location for a group meetup? Central WA.

Hello Everyone,I am on the hunt for a good location for a small group meetup. Maybe 10 rigs.I am trying to fine a central location along I-90. Perhaps Ellensburg or Moses Lake.Budget minded and don't need hookups.I found one spot that caught my atten...

Building New Campground. Opinions Welcome!

My family is working on building a new campground from scratch and we would like to get some opinions from campers or campground owners. We considered building right off a major interstate on about 35 acres but are now looking at building on our own...

Kentucky Horse Park CG

Wife and I are planning a trip to Ky. and the KHP looked like a good spot for a 4-nights stay midweek in early October.Any yeas or nays?Teach

Majestic Oaks RV, Biloxi, MS

Have never, in 40+ yrs of RVing had an experience like this. Have had reservations for over a year at Majestic Oaks RV in Biloxi. We got here yesterday only to discover they didn’t have the site types we were promised and had reserved AND had raise...

Orlando outside of Disney

Hello All,We are planning a trip and looking for guidance. We have a Sunday to the following Sunday of which we are splitting between Disney and Seaworld and possibly SeaLife. My kids have been to Disney a few times, so this time we are only intere...

kfp673 by Explorer II
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

stop over North of Birmingham

Looking at my return trip from Fl. Going to make a stop somewhere north of Birmingham Al and south of the Tennessee border. Looking for campgrounds close to 65. Ive heard good reviews about Texas T, but they are a couple more hours than I would like ...

angler by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Lovewell State Park Kansas

Heading across Kansas via US 36 in July, looking at Lovewell State Park as first overnight stop. Anyone with advice on a particular loop or site to check out? Planning to arrive on a Sunday afternoon, are reservations needed or can we wing it with ...

state park and federal park amenities

new to rving and getting ready to buy our first TT. Scouting out state and federal parks and 99% of rv spots I'm seeing only have electric? no water hookup? so I take it if you stay long enough you have to rehook TT and go fill up water tanks and e...

Deuce222 by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

Brit RV Park conflagration

Fire articleLooks like the units burned up were in storage. Read the article they use a TT for generations? Must be very well built.

Shenandoah National Park in April

Thinking of visiting Shenandoah NP the first week in April.I have 3 kids, ages 16, 14, and 10. Any recommendations on places to stay or things to do? We have a 35 foot travel trailer. Full hook up is preferred but we'll settle for electric only if th...

North rim of Grand Canyon?

I'm still trying to reserve a site at the northern rim of the grand canyon. We have a 36' 5th wheel. Hoping for 3 days about the first week of October. Any information would be appreciated.

davidbt by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes