Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

West Yellowstone

Looking for recommendations for a Park in West Yellowstone. We have a 36' class A with a toad on a dolly. We'll be staying for 2-3 nights during the week in early June.Mostly looking for easy access to Yellowstone and hopefully enough space that we w...

mkcurran by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Help with Cody, Wyoming campgrounds

Checked on campgrounds in Cody, Wyoming, and they're are a number with good reviews on rvparkreviews.com We are planning a late September trip. Our primary goal is to spend a 1 /1/2 to 2 days at the Buffalo Bill Museum. Looking for a good RV park ne...

Adelaide Shores RV Resort in Avon Park Fl

Has anyone stayed at Adelaide Shores RV Resort in Avon Park Florida? Just looking for hands on experiences and opinions.Thank you,I did look at RV parks reviews but lately most of the comments on parks are a few years old.

mirwin by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Phoenix area one-nighter

Good day,We will be traveling through Phoenix on our way to San Diego next weekend, can anyone recommend a good overnight spot to stop. Dispersed camping is fine, preferred but any safe area would be good. We have a 23ft Class C.Thanks in advance,Da...

Homestead Heritage Waco TX

If you're into "learning vacations" and historic methods, I recommend Homestead Heritage classes in Waco, TX. Here's the listing of their 2019 courses. https://www.sustainlife.org/schedule-classes/

Mapping Points of Interest

I am really not happy that GS is killing their current Trip Planner with no immediate replacement. In particular, I use it to find points of interest along my trip route. Does anyone have suggestions for good programs that would replace this feature?...

Williams AZ and then Zion

My lovely kids just gifted us a trip for October of this year. We will make reservations as soon as we can. We are in the Phoenix area so we will drive to williams, just a couple hours away and stay there overnight, take the railway in the morning to...

Weeki Wachee State Park Campgrounds

Hello Camping Community,We are headed south for the summer and along our way taking our daughter to see the mermaids at Weeki Wachee Springs. My search for campgrounds near there on the internet has proven disappointing.Can somebody suggest a place ...

Team_D by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Chula Vista RV Resort has reopened....

It is now open and taking reservations. The operation was taken over by Sun Communities this month. Not sure how long it will be open, but I made a reservation for later this spring. Check it out here.

ezgoin by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

What’s happening with ChulaVista RV Resort

I stayed at Chula Vista RV Resort in November, but I understood it was closing. Got an email today from Sun Resorts saying that it was the new owner and asking people to book with them. Anyone know what the story is? It was a great park.

bjbear by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Springfield MO overnight suggestions

We'll be passing through Springfield MO in a couple weeks enroute to Arizona and we need to overnight either at a Walmart, Cabelas, or Cracker Barrel near I-44. I'm reading that the city is less friendly to overnighters than in years past. Both Wal...

Boston - Cape Cod area

We have a two week trip plan for the Cape Cod area in May. We plan to stay at the Boston/Cape Cod KOA for 14 days. Reservations have already been made. We're looking for suggestions for things to do in the area. We usually move every 3 or 4 days when...

My suspicion on fully-booked popular campgrounds...

...on national, state parks and national forests in confirmed.Tech savvy pips are using bots.Hopefully, this new system will relieve or solve it.Except, I'm having issues reserving campgrounds in Yosemite when last year, this is still considered off ...