Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Hot Springs National Park

Is Hot Springs worth making a visit for a couple of days in mid-october? Never been to that part of the country. Thanks

mljjdb by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Black Beach or Onyx Beach, Minnesota

Looking for any and all info on Black Beach or Onyx Beach, Minnesota, slightly north of Silver Bay. As I understand it is recently open to the public. Is this State, Federal or what operated? I can't find if there is an admission fee or not and where...

garmp by Explorer II
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

New River Gorge/Shenandoah/Hersey - Vacation 2018

Gauley Bridge, WV – New River CampgroundThe location of our site was perfect; we had a riverfront site and were able to enjoy the slow moving New River along with the various birds that call this area home. It is a small campground. It only has two s...

Winston Salem NC ?

Anybody recommend a CG in/near Winston Salem NC? Going to the area to meet family late August. Need Big Rig, FHU, level.

Grand lake

What is the best park in Grand Lake Co. For a 34 foot fifthwheel. Looking to go in Sept.

SDM by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Great lakes directory?

Can anyone recommend their pick for the most comprehensive campground directory (physical not online) for the Great Lakes area, or more specifically Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota?I'm looking for a book / guide that lists the tiny campgrounds, not...

Bryce Canyon N.P. sights to see and where to stay

looking for suggustions on how long to stay and where to see Bryce Canyon. we will be coming from Zion N.P. and going to Moab for a few days We have a 37' class A with toad. Ive heard only a day to see the major sights

Where to go

Looking to go south for a couple of months this winter and looking for a destination. Places I really don't want to go are Florida Texas, and Arizona, just personal preferences. Looking along the Gulf Coast and would consider the Florida panhandle....

pcaffrey by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Maine oceanfront rv resorts?

I have googled this and have found some but the sites that are on the ocean are all back in. (which is fine) but your neighbor is about 3 feet away from either side! Is there a maine rv campground or resort that doesnt pack you in like sardines? I l...

suprz by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Michigan Destinations

In the beginning stages of planning a Summer 2019 tour of some destinations in Michigan with another couple. We travel with a 30 ft 5th wheel; our friends have a 30 ft travel trailer. We are traveling from Minnesota to the south shore of Lake Super...

Addy15 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Maine, Nova Scotia, PEI, Quebec in 2019

My husband will be retiring at the end of this year. We are planning our first retirement trip next summer to Maine (Acadia NP and possibly near Baxter SP), Nova Scotia, PEI, and Quebec.We have a 40’ 5th wheel with 3 slides and a Chevy 3500 diesel lo...

LuvRvn by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Campground recommendations for Toledo, OH

Looking for recommendations for nice campgrounds near Toledo, OH in Oct time frame. Will be there for a couple of weeks to attend to my deceased fathers affairs. Prefer FHU or Honey Wagon service availability. Thanks