Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

National parks annual pass--camping discounts or not?

The pass they sell that gets you into national parks and monuments--it used to be called the Golden Eagle but now it's the America the Beautiful pass or something like that--does it get you any discounts on national park camping spots? A poster on an...

Niagara falls

Going up there in June. Want to reserve us a spot. What campgrounds would you recommend. Thanks,steve

Mount Washington New Hampshire

We’re going to spend a few days near Mt. Washington in NH this coming summer. Does anyone have any campground recommendations for that area. We have a 32 foot Class A and would like full hookups. Thank in advance!

Shultzy by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

RV Campground near El Dorado Arkansas

Laying out this Summers cross country trip. We'll be running west on US 82 and it looks like we will be stopping in El Dorado Ak. for 1 night mid June. RV Park reviews and an internet search is showing 5 campgrounds in the vicinity all with the same ...

docsouce by Explorer II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Texas hurricane recovery

How are things in the area of Mustang Island, Rockport, up towards Palacios? We normally stay at Palacios and then tour down to Mustang Island. We have friends that rent a park model in Rockport and they said it was still bad there but I am wondering...

olfarmer by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Las Vegas area late March

We prefer provincial/state/national parks and my research has found that most, if not all, of those facilities in the LV area are "first-come - first served".We hope to be in the LV area at the end of March/beginning of April for the world men's curl...

TimnJo by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Rose parade

Anybody going or have experience with attending the Rose Parade/ Bowl game. We're planning to fly in leaving the RV at home.. where to fly into, best places to stay, how to get the best viewing tickets/spots, float tours? Anything else a tourist nee...

mjmaddox by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

FL park for this Jan-Mar? (stop laughing!)

At the last minute, we are wanting to try Florida for a snowbird experience. I know that good parks book full months ahead of time. But anyway,-Would prefer gulf side but not essential. Central FL is fine, doesn't have to be south.-Does not have to...

New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Going to sell up in Colorado, when I retire in March, and move to my DW's hometown of New Smyrna Beach in Florida.Looking to park the 5er and stay in it while getting new house organized. May be in the 5er for a couple of months.I have found these 3...

Martyn by Nomad
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Quartzsite report

It's a bit early and still pretty hot, but I enjoy it when it's not so crazy busy. I'm running my generators every day from noon until dark. I like to stay comfortable, but since I hear almost nobody else running theirs, I take it they are happy swea...

2oldman by Explorer II
  • 50 replies
  • 0 likes

Acadia and Northeast

I have 8 and 6 year old girls and 35ft TT with full size truck. Looking for information about can we fit in any of the Acadia Seawall or Blackwoods campgrounds and other ideas for must see and good places to stay at Acadia if we won't fit in Nationa...

jayco304 by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Cypress Creek Preseve near Tampa

Looks to be a water management area and allows boondocking. I hate to drive in somewhere blind. I've checked various online sites- freecampsites.net and campendium.com for info. It looks like the Wynn's had a bit about staying there as part of boondo...

Rochester NY to Denver CO

Hello fellow RV'ers,Our daughter moved to Denver this past August and we'd like to travel out to see her March 2018. Do a little visiting and some skiing. Our first long trek in our Forest River 30' Class A to Denver. Looking for any advice on pla...