Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Litzy caverns

Thinking of going to see Luray Caverns for a few days In early October. Anyone reccomend a good campground in the area pull thru good tv reception. Only going to stay for two days to see the caverns and local town. Also is the walk/tour hard to walk?...

Ziphead2 by Explorer II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Glacier

Closures and evacuations in Glacier Park, just be aware.

narcodog by Explorer II
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Oregon coast campgrounds

Which are the best state parks on the Oregon coast between bookings and coos bay Any information will be appreciated

leesan by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Looking for recommendation for CG around Naples, Fl

Heading to Naples in February or March and looking for a CG recommendation. We will have no pets, no kids and will be staying in the rig pictured in my sig. CG does not have to be in Naples but within an hours drive is fine. So far I have found Rock ...

Asheville NC area

Hi. We need to be in Asheville mid October. Any suggestions for nice campgrounds for a class A? We've called a couple but they are sold out....

beaubeau by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

December in TN/NC Mountains Suggestions

I'm thinking about taking our motor home to NC or TN to the mountains so that our daughter can see snow and go sledding, tubing, etc. We live in FL and have been to Mama Gerties (loved it) and to Townsend KOA. Where is the most convenient campground ...

FLfamily by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

STEALTH OVERNIGHT IN SAN FRANCISCO???

I’ll be attending the Indycar race at Sonoma Raceway (just above San Francisco) on Sept. 17. I have campground reservations for Sunday night (after the race) – but everything is reserved out for Saturday night (before the race). I’ll arrive on Saturd...

Couldn't get into Bar Harbor ME area this week?

Try again tomorrow after 10 or so at Mountain View CG in Sullivan ME. Had a 50 amp site reserved that I will need to cancel.We stopped at my cousin's house for the annual family reunion on Sunday and another dog attacked our new pup (13 weeks old) an...

jplante4 by Explorer II
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

New Mexico

Just curious if there are any of you who "snowbird" in New Mexico, and where.

jdb7566 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Fun Factor

Do you think there is any correlation between the percentage of RV's in a RV park and the amount of active fun people residing there? In other words, do you find more fun and friendly people in a park which has 75 percent RV's or one that is 75 perce...

TomG2 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Two families - Gatlinburg area

We are camping with friends next summer and plan to do the Smoky Mountains, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, etc... We will have 4 adults and 6 kids (7-13). We will definitely want full hook-ups.Any suggestions on good places to stay? Thanks!

Florida Help!!!!

Hello all! We are wanting to take our first ever winter get away this coming February from Ohio to Florida! Wanting at least 70 degrees I ended up picking mid February and middle coastal Florida. Now for your help! Is this time frame and area real...

Indian Flats RV park @ El Portal, CA

Planning a trip to Yosemite National park and thought this park was a good location to drive in the park each day. For three weeks I have tried to call and reached no one. I have left me info on their machine but have not received a call back. I have...

Adam_2 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes