Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Eclipse - Thermopolis,Wyo.

We were just wondering if anyone was in Thermopolis for the eclipse? We just left the Wyo. Dinosaur Center, and they've been really busy all day.They also had an "after business hours" get together, good food and a little local band. Thermopois is mu...

memtb by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Mt. Hood and Crater Lake RV Parks????

After the eclipse is over wood like recommendations for RV parks around Mt. Hood and Crater Lake for our 42 ft. 5th wheel. Your favorite spots would be appreciated. Would like to visit both area.Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

Rudds Creek, V a fire wood

Anybody know a good local place to buy fire wood near Rudds Creek Campground in Va., I don't mean those little 5 stick bundles of rotten wood at a convenience store.

bukhrn by Explorer III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

View Solar Eclipse

I know this is pretty last minute, but the World Shooting and Recreational Complex in Sparta, IL is located in the path of totality and they are planning special events for the eclipse this weekend. The park has 1,000 camping sites and I just did a q...

Tal_IL by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Trip to see fall colors

My wife and I are leaving middle of September on a trip around the great lakes and down the east coast. Looking for rv parks or camping spots that you have used and liked. We will go for hikes and bike rides. We will start at Duluth, MN and end up in...

billmck by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Turkey Run state park Indiana

We always had this park on our list of places to visit. Other than the park itself, what other nearby things are worth a visit? We are going in early/mid August.Dan

Campground Recommendation (Help)

Hello all. This is our first post and hope someone might have some thoughts or recommendations for us.We're located in Western Canada and recently purchased a beautiful, 2000 43' foot Holiday Rambler motorhome. Until such time as we officially retire...

DDLSNP by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

FOUR Corners Monument

Hello Folks,We will be passing by the Four Corners Monument and would like to stop and visit. We will be driving a 45' motor home and towing our car. My question is Can we pull in and park at the Four Corners Monument? I have not been able to reach t...

S-n-L by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Corps park around Dallas

Can anyone tell me about the parks around Wylie & Lavon? I think they are East Fork & Lavonia. Stayed a night at Lavonia about 3 yrs ago & it was OK for a night's stay only. Also if anything else in that area is recommended. Also considering WM in M...

Places to Stay near San Antonio, TX

We are planning our annual spring (Feb - Mar) visit to Arizona and would like to spend a few days to check out San Antonio, TX. We have 35' Travel Trailer and usually like State Parks. I have looked and do not see any St. Parks or COE Campgrounds. ...

Omrod by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Looking for a campsite for the eclipse near Portland OR?

I just cancelled a site at Gone Creek for Sunday night (August 20th) before the eclipse. 1 minute, 10 seconds of totality. Gone Creek - Site 011. One night only. Near Mt. Hood/Government Camp.My loss... Your gain!Still available when I made this post...