Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Legoland Florida

Looking for any insight on campgrounds near LEGOLAND in Winter Haven Fl. We will be there around the week of thanksgiving. Also any ideas on local places to go and see and great little local places to eat. We will be in a 42 foot 5th wheel and need 5...

daveINmd by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Outer Banks in Late October

My Navigator has her heart set on spending the end of October at the Outer Banks. We live in Florida and it will probably be cold then, but this is what she wants. Does anyone have any idea of campgrounds that will still be open at that time? I'll ap...

TEO by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Lake Irwin

We drove here many years ago when you ur girls were Young to see the Wilderness Family cabin. I recall seeing some pretty good size RVs up here but just wondering if anybody else has traveled there with a rig.ThxML

campground community

Wife and I are looking for a campground/camping community where you actually own your lot and park a RV or park model trailer on the lot. If anyone is familiar with Breezewood Acres near Newfoundland, PA similar to that. We are in Muncy, PA near Will...

Ozark View RV Park

In the foothills of the Arkansas Ozarks about 20 miles from Branson, MO, lies a jewel of an RV park. Ozark View owners, Brandon and Theresa have taken a once-neglected and closed RV park and turned it into a great place to use as a home base for many...

rmn72 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Theo Roosevelt Lake AZ

I am interested in staying at a campground on Theodore Roosevelt Lake in Arizona. In checking the website for Cholla Campground, for example, it indicates maximum length of 32 feet. Is that accurate or a bureaucratic estimate? I have a 37 foot 5er. A...

jgrimes by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

HERSHEY RV SHOW RV PARKING

A few years back we parked our RV in an old airstrip across from the show. It was like 5 or $10 a night. I have been noticing none were parked there for quite awhile. Last year it looked like they were allowing RVs to park there again. Has anyone par...

Wow, what a nice park...

We were headed home from Angel Fire {northeastern NM in the southern Rockies}, got to Gallup NM and decided to call it a day as the rain was getting heavy. The Rand McNally GPS popped up with the USA RV Park just a few miles down the road. What a g...

My map of 615 campsites I've been in

Last November I wrapped up my 11th annual 6 month session in my truck camper. A couple of years ago I started a map of all the campsites I've been in. After last year, it's now up to 615. Most sites are USFS/BLM/NPS/State with very few commercial ...

PA to Michigan- campground ideas needed

Hello all. Planning a trip to Michigan. I have 2 + weeks. Leaving this weekend- and just going to enjoy the ride with no hurry to get anywhere! 29' Class C with a toad. I am spending 3 nights at Lake Hudson rec area in Southern Michigan- then ??? ...

kaffi311 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Any website that shows rv parks along my route?

I know I can look up rv parks by town and such, but I am wondering if there is a website that will show the parks along my route... Just to help me plan out my trip a bit. I am planning on trying to make it to an area for the eclipse... and I am gues...

tommymsw by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

NE WA State - Gillette Campground (USFS)

A few weekends ago I got bored and went for a quick weekend getaway up highway 20, not for from Colville WA.Here's a video of the campground. Nice and open, spread out with a good amount of space between campsites. I need to go back soon.Gillette C...

Lincoln Alabama...

Hi everyone, we would like to plan a trip for later this summer to the area of Lincoln Alabama to see some relatives. Need some up to date C/G info. on the area. We have a 40'ft. 5th wheel. Thanks !!

Niagara Falls

How many days to do the Falls area, I understand that the Canadian side is supposed to be the best, but can both sides, with all they have to offer, be done in 4 days, or is something more like 7 needed.

bukhrn by Explorer III
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes