Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

MYRTLE BEACH AFTER THE STORM

Plan to head south on Monday and 1st stop is MBTP. Friends told us the roads are clear but we are interested in the conditions inside the park. Phoned and they said things are ok for our stay, facebook has no park updates from RV'ers. Last year we ca...

69BBC by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

best time of year......

To visit Florida? We will be taking our annual 2 week road trip next year to Florida! Going to the gulf breeze area and the keys, Disney etc... I figured that this forum would be a good place to ask which months are best and why.... Thanks!

suprz by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Boondockin/dry camping in a 42' MH.

I have a post about our 7000 mile/20 states in 58 days trip in the Class A section. This post "No reservations with a 42' motorhome for the whole trip, even in public campgrounds.... and folks say it can't be done." prompted me to start this one.13 y...

Ivylog by Explorer III
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Austin to Big Bend - Hill country stops

Hi Folks,Planning a winter trip to visit our daughter in Austin then go to Big Ben. Would like to do a thing or two in between. Searching the forums, Inks Lake SP looks good. Anything else not to miss?Thanks,Steve

Ames, Iowa camping options?? Near Iowa State ??

Planning to go to our grand daughters football game next week in Ames Iowa at Iowa State University.Need electric for heat for our Class C motorhome.Looks like nothing close to Ames or places are closed for the season.Any suggestions for a 24' Class ...

John_S2 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

camping world

Has anyone stayed at the campground at the camping world near chattanoga?if so tell me about it

mickey48 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Six month limit for northerners?

Me and DW were having a conversation the other day about a siz month time limit for Canadians spending time in US. She thinks that Canadians can only spend a max of six months south of the border, then have to come home for six months. I think that t...

Ft Walton, Destin, Panama City Options

May be headed to these areas for Spring Break to watch son play some baseball. What are the best CG's in the area? Would love to have beach access and swimming pool access. Traveling in a 5er.

Redhound by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Walking in Branson

We would like to see the show Six in Branson. It is at the Mickey Gilley theater. Are there any campgrounds in walking distance to the theater?

shayerk by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Great smokey np

We will be driving from canada to florida end of october traveling with a truck camperWe would like to spend a few days in the great smokey np.Any suggestions, routes camping, must see...Gaetan

Gaetan by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

Old Faithful?

Looking for campground recommendations for close to Old Faithful. Size is an issue, my 5er is almost 45' long...

Point of View is open

Point of View in Key Largo was supposed to have closed and replaced with condo's---- I just received an email from them saying they are open until April 30. Gives another option(expensive) for the Keys.

JoeH by Explorer III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

safe places in Memphis,TN

Wanting to take the family (wife and 2 small kids) to Memphis zoo. Looking for a safe family campground near Memphis. Anyone have and suggestions??thanks

Western adventure in 2017

On my bucket list is a trip out west in May or June of 2017 for my wife and I. We have a 35 foot Class A motor home with a tow vehicle. We have about 3 or 4 weeks and will be leaving from Louisville, Ky. We want to see the Grand Canyon, Mt. Rushmore,...

Meffrig by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes