Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Smokey Mountains - November?

Friends- we are thinking of heading from Ohio to the Great Smokey's in November for a 4 day weekend. We are looking for recommendations of campgrounds as well as places to sight see, hike, and dine. We are not interested in getting tangled up in to...

Mattyd by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Nuevo Progreso Rant

A group of us Singles visit Nuevo Progreso, Mexico almost ever week. It is considered the safest of the unsafe border crossings in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas. When I was leaving today, the American agent first addressed me in Spanish, which I d...

TomG2 by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

Jetty Park closed, need suggestions

I was supposed to be staying at Jetty Park at Port Canaveral next week for a few days but it looks like Jetty Park is closed due to damage from Matthew. I was to stay there starting October 19th and checking out on the 22nd. We were then going to h...

Boondocking at the Tunnel Camp Ghost Town in NV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc9G7MQVHZ4Hey Everyone!We just got back from a great boondocking trip out to Tunnel Camp near Lovelock NV. We showed up on a Monday and departed Friday. I usually like to do this just to avoid any loud weekenders. F...

Several SC State Parks closed due to Matthew

Anyone planning or having reservations for SC state parks that are in the path of Hurricane Matthew - some of them have been closed due to damage and need for cleanup. Would suggest you check with them to find the status. Know sites 89-147 in Huntin...

Main Street Station RV park

Just made reservations for tomorrow and was quoted $25 a nite. Last year we paid 19 and RV park reviews shows nothing more than 19. Do you suppose the really raised the price that much or did the person we talk not know anything? Guess I'll find out ...

DC_MC by Explorer II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Short RV Park/Campground Website Poll

I am doing a study to determine the benefits RVers receive from RV Park websites.We are starting with a very simple poll and would really appreciate as many results as follows. Results will be published in this Forum Please pick one answer:Question ...

moreroad by Explorer
  • 47 replies
  • 0 likes

How well did Fort Wilderness weather the hurricane ?

I was wondering if Fort Wilderness suffered much damage from hurricane Matthew I believe today might be the first day campers are allowed back in the campground. We were at Disney (not FW) earlier this week and left Thursday.Thanks,Steve

bsshelby by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Staying south of 10 fm New Orleans to Texas: Possible?

I'm thinking of staying south of I10 from New Orleans to Texas and wondered if it's possible with a 38' 13'6" Fiver. Back roads can be very interesting, but not if I'm plagued with low bridges and tree branches.Anyone know about conditions in this a...

Lar_s by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Rancho Cucamonga, California

Would some one suggest a good safe rv parks near Rancho Cucamonga, California? Have never took my rv out long trips other than Washington and Oregon. I have to plant at least 6 stops a long the ways for a good site seeing, but most concern is Rancho ...

Christmas trip, Los Angeles to Corpus Christi TX.

Thinking about maybe staying far south to avoid the snow & camping along the way to the Gulf from LA.Just to see new places?What might you recommend?We will have our 100 lb dog with us. & most likely be flat towing our Honda CR-V behind our Lance Cam...

Blanco1 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes