Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Little Rock Arkansas for Thanksgiving

We are thinking of stopping at Little Rock, Arkansas on our way south for the winter. In researching Little Rock there are several campgrounds in the immediate vicinity: Maumelle COE, Burns Park, downtown Riverside RV park and Pinnacle Mountain Sta...

Big Horn Sheep

I was watching TV a few weeks back and it was talking about a town in Colorado where in the fall, the Big Horn Sheep almost take over. Does anyone know where this might be? It was not Georgetown.

Big Bend National park

Hi Folks,Planning a trip to Big Bend over our winter vacation. Wondering what people think about places to camp. We travel in a 24 ft Class C, and we're pretty self contained, but I really don;t want to boondock for the amount of time we expect to be...

Hotels / Motels to stay at while traveling to Florida

I would like to know if anyone can suggest any Hotels/Motels that are easy on easy off interstate 81 around Carlisle P.A. and Chambersburg P.A. I have a new trailer and I want to make sure I will not have a problem getting into and out of the Hotel/M...

Hurricane Matthew

Best of luck to all those in the path and fleeing the latest hurricane along the florida coast to the mid atlantic. We have plans to visit Tybee Island in November at Rivers edge campground. I hope all remain safe.

South Carolina State Parks and Hurricane

Please be aware that Governor Hailey has closed several state parks due to the upcoming threat of Hurricane Matthew. Myrtle Beach SP, Edisto SP, Hunting Island SP, Huntington Beach SP, Colleton SP and Givhans Ferry SP are all closed through the week...

Exciting new time coming up for us

After fifteen years of snow birding in the Florida State parks in the Keys and doing the 8:00 AM Reserve America lottery game every morning, booking the next years sites, we are finally through. Not snow birding, but the Reserve America thing. Two ye...

NanciL by Explorer II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Overnight parking Northwrst of Columbia, SC

We're planning our trip up to Gatlinburg statrting this Thursday eve leaving from Hinesville, Ga area and look to stop between Columbia and Spartanburg SC. I'm thinking exit 76 (Pomaria/Newberry)at the Walmart or exit 21a Spartanburg) has anybody st...

ajk170 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Advice on West Virginia

We're thinking of visiting West Virginia next summer. Our kids will be 14, 12, and 8. We have never been to the state and have no preference of what area we visit. We'd just like to enjoy the great outdoors. We will need electricity, but full hook up...

Cabins near Yellowstone & Teton

We have a trip planned for next July in Yellowstone and Teton NP. We were going to stay in our tents. To be honest, I'm not comfortable staying in a tent there. It's just not going to happen. Anyways.... we tried for some cabins within the park but ...

Pheonix Spring Training

Does anyone have recommendations for RV parks in the Phoenix area to attend Spring training games in 2017?

fpresto by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Is this legal?

Checking out reviews for a state park we plan to stay at and one of the newer post said that they pruned the branches so they could open their slide. Is that allowed?