Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Black Canyon of the Gunnison NM in CO

I have not seen much discussion of the Black Canyon here on the forum.We visited both sides of the park. The south side is more developed but is distinctly RV unfriendly. The is just about no parking that will take anything but a smaller Class C or a...

agesilaus by Explorer III
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Grand Marais, Mn.

Just booked 4 nights at the city campground in Grand Marais, Mn. Am I going to like it? Have been to the town many years ago but really don't know anything about the campground. I gave up on trying to find any elec. sites at the campgrounds along the...

Arizona RV Camprounds

I've narrowed it down to our stay this winter,and going with Arizona...thanks to all the help,and useful information I got from the group here...(Thank you so dam much!!)...(handshakes).My questions varied so much the last time,and I jumped all over ...

george68 by Explorer II
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

New Jersey Shore and Maryland

The wife and I are looking to spend some time in NJ by the shore and possibly taking the ferry to Maryland. Would really prefer to camp right by the shore, but have not been able to find any campgrounds on the ocean. Any suggestions?

NY_RVer by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

RV Camping and Sightseeing in Wisconsin

We are planning our first visit to Wisconsin in late August early September, 2016. We like to stay in state parks with full or partial hookups, but have been known to dry camp. We love sightseeing, day hiking, and eating out. We really like quaint...

Kansas/Colorado campgrounds off of I -70?

Can I get any recommendations for an overnight campground no far off of I-70? I'll be traveling I-70 westbound in about 10 days and the timing of the travel means that I may likely need a campground in middle or western Kansas, or eastern Colorado (b...

Nvr_lost by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

New York state park....

Someone told us of a cg near new york city that we could take the train from the park to the city but I can't remember the name. Anyone ever heard of it?

JK3045 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Arrowhead Marina and RV Park, Schenectady, NY

Just picked this park as a stop over the correct distance from home. If I knew it was this nice, I would have stayed a couple of days.$37 a night. Sites are right on the Mohawk River. Sites are level and a few are pull throughs. 30 amp electrical, wa...

jplante4 by Explorer II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Advice Please Re San Francisco and LA

Hi everyone - I just wanted to try for some further advice following my request in July for info on California. I'd like to visit San Francisco this December and would appreciate any suggestions for campsites etc. I know it will be chilly but that'...

Children in AZ

We are planning a trip to the Valley of the Sun. Mainly the Mesa area.Plan on going this October (2015)We are having a hard time finding a place to stay with our 10 yr. old.My husband and I are 55+. Would like a clean and affordable. ($500 to $700) L...

California coast RV park near dog beach?

We are heading south for the winter and wondered if anyone knows of an RV park or campground near a dog beach. We have a 40' motorhome, so most of the state parks are out. Also they don't appear to have dog beaches near them. Anyway, any suggestions...

DC_MC by Explorer III
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Colorado Rockies

Planning trip to Colorado in a couple of weeks. We have been to different places in CO. but not up by the Rockies. First any suggestions on places to stay. I was kind of looking for a place to camp either on the way up or back where there is a lake y...

Debbie by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes