Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Galveston to Corpus Christi - Where to stay

We are headed to Dallas for a couple weeks in March and plan to finish up and go to Galveston to spend a week. Then we want to make our way to Corpus Christi seeing as much of the Intercostal as we can over the next two weeks, and then heading back ...

StuartT by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Campground in Punta Gorda

I've been told of a camp ground near Punta Gorda that has two concrete pads and washer/dryers in the shed on each site. Does anyone know the name of the campground?

marieb by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Thousand Trails Zone Pass

Noticed that ThousandTrails currently has a two-zones-for-the-price-of-one ($545) special on a yearly pass. 14 days in/7 out between stays. First 30 nights free and then $3/night after that. It doesn't SAY it requires a long-term membership. Anyone h...

GMandJM by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Disney Fort Wilderness vacation Discount

Hello All! Its been a few years since I have been on the forum but I still remembered my username & password!!!!! My RVing family (wife & 3 kids) have all grown up. The 2nd graduates this year. Everyone wants to make one last visit to Fort Wilder...

See the USA with our Chevorlet

Hello all! Last year we had an amazing trip through the southern United States. Our goal was to have us travel all the continental states in these two years. We plan on being gone from May 1st to September 30th. We travel in a 35 feet Class B+ BT...

Solar: I have a converter, need a charge controller too?

I have a converter, do I also need a battery charge controller for solar? My trailer comes with a WFCO 8945, which is three stage, and I can't find a definitive answer on this question anywhere. Seems like a dedicated charge controller would be redun...

SlowBro by Explorer III
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

8 hrs from MD, fun for kids, 50 amp, prefer state parks?

Pipe dream? Trying to think of somewhere new to take our 6 and 8 year old boys (and our lab!) for a week's vacation this summer. We've been to the ADKs in NY and down the east coast to the NC beaches. Thinking Niagra Falls and Four Mile Creek State P...

Magua by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

On-line reservation timing

I am about to have to enter the wild and wooly world of timing a reservation to a campground. In this specific case, a spot in one of the Utah state parks. Sites become available starting 4 months prior to the first date. To make it harder, you ca...

Flapper by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

camping advice around Jackson Hole, WY

This summer we are taking our motorhome from Estes Park, CO to Grizzly RV on the west side of Yellowstone.We would like to stay around Jackson Hole for a few days to view the Tetons, but am unfamiliar with campgrounds around there.Can anyone offer ad...

RV Park near Zion & Bryce?

We're planning a trip this August - going to Zion, Bryce and then Grand Canyon. We already have an RV Park set up at Grand Canyon, but would like advice on where to stay closer to the Zion/Bryce area. Thanks in advance for any help you could give.

Janitor1 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Cape Cod

We're planning to go to Cape Cod this summer for a week. Can anyone recommend a good CG? We'd like to be centrally located, but more importantly the CG needs to have a lot to do for kids (8 and 5). And also a heated pool (for the wife lol) and a clos...

Buggy727 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

RV resorts in Florida

Has anyone else noticed that rv rental parks are becoming scarce? The park we are currently at has made it clear they want to sell all the lots and don't want renters. Another place we checked with basically said if you want to be here 3 months, then...