Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

No Overnight Parking in one Rapid City, SD, Walmart

I went to the Rapid City, SD, Walmart at 100 Stumer Road last night to pick up some groceries for the road and noted the following sign upon entry: "No Camping or Overnight Parking". Just an FYI for planning purposes. There is also a 2nd Walmart i...

35-foot fiver in Grand Canyon Mather?

Some ten years ago, I camped at Grand Canyon Mather with a 35-foot (including hitch) fifth-wheel. I showed up with no reservation, the Mather check-in person assigned me to a pull-through, and I had no problem.I realize that today you have to have a ...

RoyF by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Did you notice..........

.... How busy the campgrounds are? PACKED! And are there any new campgrounds in the pipeline to alleviate the issue?

_1Flyboy by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Campgrounds in Maine

Are any campgrounds near Bar Harbor or Freeport Maine open in november? We thought about a 6 day trip up there. Would prefer full hook ups. Thanks

zb39 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

The Highlands

A friend told me about her trip to The Highlands in NC. We have been to several areas in NC, but did not know about this. Her description sounded beautiful! Have any of you been there? If so, can you recommend an RV park?Thanks

LindaAnn by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Border closings

It is likely that Canada will not reopen the border. It is also quite possible it will not reopen for about 6 months. Not good news. Latest polls show most Canadians do not want it to reopen

moisheh by Explorer
  • 62 replies
  • 0 likes

Changes to Snowbird lifestyle and Snowbird communitiess

This post is not about the virus or masks or anything else that is controversial. Please do not post anything that will kill the thread. I was reading an article about the tourist industry down by 60% in Puerto Vallarta. Also another about tourists n...

moisheh by Explorer
  • 93 replies
  • 0 likes

Craters of the Moon, ID

Looking for the best place to stay to see area. Convoy of 5 rigs, class A and fifth wheels. Full hook up preferred.

Durb by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Hell's Canyon and region

Have decided to head here in mid October for a week. Want to hike, check out some small towns, and if the weather and water levels are suitable, maybe a boat ride on the Snake River. Also wouldn't mind seeing the Blue mountains on the OR/WA border.It...

Crater of Diamonds State Park, arkansas

You want something to do during the Pandemic? Go to the only place in the free world where you can keep all the diamonds you pick up. Crater of Diamonds State Park in southwestern Arkansas is the place to go. Recently a man found a yellow 9.07 car...

Costco batteries

Just wondering if anyone has purchased the Costco GC@ 6 volt batteries in the last 18-24 months.I am thinking about converting my single Marine/RV battery to 2 6 volt deep cycle batteries. Since Costco is about a mile and a half from the house they w...

cliffy49 by Explorer II
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes