Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Gulf State Park

Anybody know what Gulf State Park in Gulf Shores Alabama is like? They don't seem to post any pictures of their campsites on their reservation system. Seems to be a rather large campground. Is it close to the beach? Is it still reality warm there in ...

d1h by Nomad III
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Oak Park Motel & RV Park in Yarnell AZ still Open?

Does anyone know if the Oak Park Motel & Rv Park in Yarnell AZ is still open? Im mostly looking at the rooms there if they are still open? I heard it all closed down but when you call for a reservation the people that answer the Google phone sound li...

Niagara

Looking for suggestions on parks. Family of 5 with kids ranging 6-15. Looking to visit the falls but also want an enjoyable time at the part with a pool and things for the kids. We all have passports so open to US or Canada side. Anyone stay some...

kfp673 by Explorer II
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

What happened?

USCAmpgrounds.info was my go to site for trip planning and finding available/exceptable campgrounds. Now it no longer displays campgrounds and I get "your connection to this site is not secure." Is it closed down or hacked. Now where. Not fond of All...

garmp by Explorer II
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Campground Opinion

Dropping my son off at college, Liberty University in Lynchburg, Va. I see 2 campgrounds nearby. Paradise Lake and Blue Ridge KOA. I’d prefer to use my fifth wheel as opposed to a hotel but don’t want any drama. I have a 40’ fifth wheel and haven’t b...

JUSTWORK by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Looking for suggestions on our 14 day trip to the southeast

We will be leaving later this week on a 14 day trip starting north of Minneapolis with the final destination being Savannah GA. We will be pulling our 43' toy hauler. No toys except for bicycles.I plan on leaving Friday the 7th for Cave City KY and w...

mrad by Explorer II
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Michigan Entrance fees non-resident

Boy, what a confusing mess! Every Michigan site I go to gives me a different answer. First off what's the difference between the entrance pass & a recreation pass? I can't use a recreation pass to enter a state park? Non-resident entrance pass is any...

garmp by Explorer II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

The Ark

We are thinking about going to see The Ark in Williamstown KY. For those that have been there, where should we look to camp at, and how much time should we allow for the visit?

Rant: recreation.gov

After 3 years of attempting to get reservations at recreation.gov, they piss me off. First let me say this is a .gov web page, but it's run by Booze Allen and their sub-contractors. This year after getting a REALLY hard to get spot which I was shut...

cptqueeg by Explorer II
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes