Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Yellowstone / Old Faithful area

First time visitor to Yellowstone and looking for recommendations during the month of June 2020. Looking for good commercial campground nearest Old Faithful with full hookups. Will be limited on time, so must do things in this area.

Places to camp....?

I am seriously considering full timing....I want to go to some places I am interested in and spend some time there, like 1 - 6 months.My question is will I be able to find RV parks near the towns where I can stay that long that won't cost an arm and ...

Trip West

We’re planning to head west this fall. On the list is Grand Canyon and Denver, Co. we’re leaving from Southside VA. Any suggestions on best route or routes not to take any suggestions on sights to see along the way? Thanks in advance.

Best area to boondock in Quartzsite for two nights

Hi folks, we are planning on going to Quartzsite on January 24 for two nights with another couple (2 RVs) and we will be taking our SxS with us. Any recommendations in where to camp and ride in BLM land for two days? We will be coming down south on H...

Fishing at Massasoit State Park, MA

Thinking of doing a early May fishing trip. Hows the Bass or trout fishing? Need a electric site as a minimum.Any other suggestions on any other MA state parks (or private maybe) around the same time frame that offer good fishing with electric sites....

Pigeon Forge and Nashville

What is the best campground in pigeon Forge to stay at I am most convenient And also I’d like to visit Nashville while I was there Any good campgrounds near Nashville or in between Will be going in the middle of may

UPPER PINE CAMPGROUND, YOSEMETE

We'll be pulling the trailer in our sig which is 35 feet. They show they have sites for 35 ft rigs. Looks like dry camping only which is fine with us.We've never stayed at this campground and looking for input from someone that has. Any issues navig...

Ron3rd by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

What temperature do you leave your home at

Today, I had my furnace guy come for the annual check-up, cleaning etc. I've known the guy for many years. I was telling him that next year we would be spending winter in the South and was planning on setting my furnace thermostat at 50 Degrees. He a...

RobWNY by Explorer
  • 54 replies
  • 0 likes

Substancial deposit required

Just curious if others have ran into this. When you go to make a Rez at a CG, have you ever been asked to pay either full or half at time of Rez and then bal upon arrival or just 1 nite? To the best of my knowledge, every place we've ever gone to is ...

ACZL by Explorer
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

1st RV Road Trip - Florida itinerary

Hi,We have just purchased our first travel trailer. 2019 Kodiak Cub 19BHSL towed with 2012 Tacoma 4x4 with towing pkg.She did beautifully on a nasty-weather shakedown trip close to home for 2 nights at a state park. We'll be camping at least once mo...

brandicj by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Must see in Maine?

We are starting to plan 2020 trips and Maine is on list. My wife and I visited Acadia close to 20years ago and talk ever since about a trip back. Thinking to break trip up with few days on Deer island and a few in Moosehead lake region but not certai...

Northern Utah and Idaho in 2020

My wife and I are planning a trip to northern Utah and Idaho in June/July 2020. We are towing a 30' travel trailer. I'd like to get recommendations for sites to see and things to do plus scenic drives and scenic campgrounds. I'm mainly interested ...

Anything to see?

We are planning a trip this summer to Montana. We will be stopping in Branson. From Branson we will head towards Rapid City and Custer SP. My question is. Is there anything to see or do in between Branson and Rapid City? I know I will be making at l...

Crodad by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Full Hookup Sites on Lake Michigan

Looking for a recommendation for a place to camp for a week on Lake Michigan. Would like it to be on the beach or walking distance to the beach and have full hookups. Holland state park is out due to no alcohol policy. The other state parks would ...

bjkb1f by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes