cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Castaway RV park in Maryland

bornin49
Explorer
Explorer
We are getting our travel trailer ready for our trip to castaway campground next week for a eight day stay, a vacation well deserved.any one else ever camp there?.
5 REPLIES 5

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Castaways is a decent place a bit more adult oriented vs. Frontier town which is more kid and family friendly. Located on the bay. Nice Tikki bar. A bit pricey but it is a prime resort location. Close to OC beaches ans Assateaque state park
They do have breed restrictions for dogs which means they don't want my money
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

EagleScout-USA
Explorer
Explorer
Great place to spend the week! Yes, it is expensive, but so is Frontier Town. They have a nice pool and have a small bay beach. We never had issues with obnoxious campers, although I guess this can happen at any park. It is a short ride to the Ocean Beaches and to Assateague Island in the other direction. The airport is for small planes only, and although you see it in and out of the campground, we were never pestered by any noise from it. We enjoy the area overall. Be prepared for traffic on the weekends!

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
We've stayed there once. Won't go back. Partiers high on whatever were screaming at 3 am creating a huge problem and cops had to be called. Hopefully they've cleaned up that issue but at those prices we're not interested in returning to find out.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

pennysmom09
Explorer
Explorer
We have been to Castaways a couple of times, off season. It's a beautiful campground but too expensive for us in season. The park is divided up into 3 or 4 separate areas depending on how much activity you want. Great place for kids, OC is nearby but the traffic is a consideration. I believe they have a shuttle. Assategue is right across the bay and you can often see the ponies.
Nancy and Doug
2015 KZ Durango 325RL FW

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was just looking at where CASTAWAY RV PARK was located. It sure is close to the airport. Maybe not alot of big airplanes there... Could get noisy...

We have done alot of camping at Myrtle Beach on the Ocean side which is right in line with their airport. They tend to take OFF in the other direction and all of Ocean side is landing which doesn't make for alot of noise. It is close enough to see the pilot crew at work however... When the helicopters take off and land however it does get a bit noisy...

We stayed one time down the road from there near Wallops Island - nice beaches...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS