cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Delaware Seashore State Park Availability

There is a VERY STRONG chance that we will be cancelling one of our spots on the North Side of Delaware Seashore State Park for this up coming holiday.

We have a second spot in from the water starting Friday and leaving Monday ( Memorial Day) .. IF anyone is interested, I'll let you know if it is available...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet
6 REPLIES 6

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
Ok cool thanks for that. I had no idea of the area, had to cancle cape heloren last year due to covid. So we picked here this year. Good to know some stuff is walking distance, beach , and there is a boardwalk ,Rehoboth, a little bit away for my 9 yo. Thanks.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
ford truck guy wrote:
The site was gone within a few hours of me releasing it....

No doubt!
Sjm9911 wrote:
How is it there? Going in the summer for a week? Any good things to not miss?

Be prepared, its a sandy beach with some asphalt roads and RV sites. No trees, no protection from the sun. Its windy at times, so you can't just leave your awning out either.

Its super close to the beach, easy walk under the bridge. Its right on the Indian River, so great fishing if you so chose.

Bethany Beach is a couple minutes south and is a nice little family friendly and quiet beach town. A little board walk, a couple restaurants and some shops.

Ocean City is a little further south... but I try to avoid OC at this point in my life.

Dewey Beach is a couple minutes north and is more of a strip mall kinda town. Some bars and some food places. A couple of nice bars on the Bay with great sunset views too.

Rehoboth is a few more minutes to the north and that's where we go for food, fun and recreation. A large boardwalk, tons of restaurants (on the boards and on side streets too), shops, arcades, Funland, ice cream shops, french fry places, etc. Lots and lots to do.

Lewes is about a 30 minute drive from DSSP and is a cool little Victorian town on the Deleware Bay. Some shops and restaurants up there as well. Cape May/Lewes Ferry is up there as well.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Sjm9911 wrote:

#1 - Beaching
#2 - Fishing
#3 - Relaxing

We usually will to to Bethany Beach and walk the little town for 1 night... We will also go up to Cape Henlopen State Park and walk the fishing pier. Rehoboth Boardwalk if that suits you..

It is really just a relaxing place for us.. a lot of sitting outside and watching the boats come and go....
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

spoon059 wrote:
Dang, we are going to a lake with friends. We've tried to get into DSSP earlier in the year and the north side was packed. Haven't been there since 2019, I've got a hankering for a Nicoboli and some Thrashers!

The site was gone within a few hours of me releasing it....
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dang, we are going to a lake with friends. We've tried to get into DSSP earlier in the year and the north side was packed. Haven't been there since 2019, I've got a hankering for a Nicoboli and some Thrashers!
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS