cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ft.Pickens Fed. park, Pensacola, Fl.?

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all. Looking to camp at Ft.Pickens in April. Reserve America site shows campsites listed in Gray color are not reservable On-Line? Does that mean these sites are 1st come 1st serve when we arrive? Thanks.:@
Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'

2012 Jeep Wrangler 285hp V6 'TOAD'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs
Leroy's a Conure, Loretta's a Squeaker

"Once it starts breakin'...GET RID OF IT!!!"
5 REPLIES 5

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
As others have said they are gone. However, to me it looked like all of them were already reserved. The good news is that there are several other campgrounds available. Also search around for Bed & Breakfasts and see if they have hookups.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you hover your mouse over the site numbers on the facility map, if they have walk up sites, it will say, not available-walkup only. Or if you click on the individual sites for more information, it will say not available for online reservation.

I took a quick look and it looks like all the sites are reserved and I didn't see any walkup only sites.

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Color isn't important. What is important is the letter shown for the campsite on the Availability tab.

Looking at Fort Pickens for April, I see the letter R for almost every campsite for the entire month of April. Which means someone has that campsite reserved for that day. Every day in April.

There are about 15 sites with the letter X which means that site cannot be used, usually a problem such as a broken electrical pedestal, or erosion, or such.

If the sites were available for walk-ins they would have the letter W on the Availability tab
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
Unfortunately, I think that means they are "not available" because they are already reserved. We have stayed there many times over the years; it is one of our favorite campgrounds, especially Loop A.

But don't take my word for it. Give a call to the campground or the National Seashore office. I may be wrong.

Triker33
Explorer
Explorer
May mean they are already reserved.
Reserve America probably has somewhere on the web site that explains the Gray.
Larry Full Time Since 99
1999 34Q Discovery DP ISB 275HP 6 Speed Allison
VMSpc | Pressure Pro
14 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost Toad

Click here to see where I am