cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Koa Mount Pleasant SC question

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
We are staying New Years weekend at the KOA mount pleasant sc close to Charleston. Anyone camped there and have comments on campground and things to do in the area?
4 REPLIES 4

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Here are some excellent blog entries on things to do and campground reviews of James Island County Park. This couple are full-timers with a 40' motorhome.

https://wheelingit.us/?s=charleston
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Patriots Point... its a fantastic military history destination. They have a WW2 era aircraft carrier with associated aircraft, destroyer and submarine. They also have a replica Vietnam era firebase. Incredibly awesome, I've been 4 times and we will go back a 5th time this February.

Paige's Okra Grill in Mt Pleasant is delicious food. We've only eaten breakfast there and it has been amazing. I'm sure lunch and dinner are just as delicious, I highly recommend. If you are over by James Island, Mondo's Italian on Folly Beach Rd is really delicious as well. That's always our first night's dinner when we hit Charleston and its never disappointed!

IF you get a warm day, we LOVE Isle of Palms beach, even in February. A nice 65 degree day, some chairs and a light jacket and its gorgeous to sit out on the sand and read a book.

If you've never been to Charleston area before, spend at least a day just walking around. We LOVE that city. Every February we take a trip down to the central west coast of Florida and hit Savannah on the way down and Charleston on the way up. Both are amazing and beautiful cities, especially in the chillier times of year. Some pants and a light jacket will keep you comfortable, no humidity and no bugs.

Like Dutch, we always stay at JICP. Never even considered another campground because we love JICP so much! My Pleasant is a great little town just east of Charleston and we've liked everything we've seen there. I'm sure the KOA will be fantastic, as everything else in that town is!

Enjoy the trip!!!
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

esyers
Explorer
Explorer
The Holiday Light Show at James Island County Park is definitely worth a look.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
We haven't stayed there in a couple of years, but I recall the park as being nicely kept up and in good shape. The park is close enough to visit any of the popular Charleston attractions including touring the historic downtown area. We prefer James Island County Park when we're going to be in the Charleston area, but the Mt Pleasant KOA is one of our alternative parks.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate