cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Worst customer service in 30 yrs of rving

keepmotoring
Explorer
Explorer
My niece is getting married in Orlando on 10/31/14. I had already looked online for Ft Wilderness and all campsites showed not available so called directly. After a 20 plus minute wait and giving all this info hung up. Tried again, having again to put all this info in and finally got a "live" person after 20 minutes.

She looked up the dates and said let me put you on hold and see what is going on because I am showing not available also. After being on hold another 15 minutes an automated voice comes on stating if I would like to do a survey press whatever. I didn't press expecting this "live" person to return. Instead it just hung up on me.

I called back not very happy and had to go back to entering all this info again. When I got another "live" person I told her I wasn't happy and told her I did not want to be put on hold again. She was nice enough to help me without putting me on hold. She wanted all my info again - really!!! My goodness why give all of this when you are on hold to have to repeat it again when talking to a "live person!! No they do not have anything - ok fine. I really don't care if we stay at Ft Wilderness or not. I told her I wanted to take the survey but if I do now, it will reflect on her and of course she hasn't done anything wrong so opt not to take the survey.

Called Tropical Palms, got a "live" person right off the bat, and she stayed with me the whole time, even though I could hear phones ringing in background. She took the time to really understand what type of site I wanted, made the reservation.

We have been rving 30 years and Ft Wilderness was the worst in trying to make a reservation. I was in the hospitality industry for 25 yrs so maybe I expect more. Would never go through this again!!
LUVRVN
45 REPLIES 45

answerswillvary
Explorer
Explorer
If a member is sending you unwanted PMs, my advice is that you DO NOT reply and then put a block on all further PM's from them.

This topic is closed.

Sandi (Moderator)
2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QBP

bigdogger
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wadcutter wrote:
Would someone please find an email or phone number for Mickey Mouse and forward to keepmotoring so he'll quit sending me harassing emails. For some reason he thinks I want to be a pen pal. He's been notified 3 times to quit but since Mickey Mouse won't take his personal phone call he thinks I should care about his long tale of woe.
The mod has been notified but keepmotoring keeps on motor-mouthing.
Logged onto the site this AM, had several PMs (unusual) and I can say Wadcutter is 100% accurate.

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
keepmotoring wrote:

And it is also like saying I shouldn't mail something through FedEx, USPS, UPS on Dec because it is their busy time of year!!!!

I'm curious how UPS and Amazon did on christmas eve?
bumpy
VERY poor, but IMO, it was not UPS fault. Amazon sat on many orders until the last minutes, then when they did not arrive for Christmas, they tried to blame UPS. Our order was placed on the 18th, but Amazon did not bother to pull it for shipment until the 23rd, all documented. Shipper did get it as far as Boise by the 24th, but because of Amazon twiddling their thumbs, it did not make it here.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

Can't imagine what the headline would say if they were told a fourth time no spots..... I think the fact that they were told NO , may have had just a little bit to do with it all.... We have been going to the fort every year for over 20 years..and yes , sometimes they are full as the world does not revolve around me but they always open spaces up as it get closer , just how many is the question and if your lucky enough to call on the right day... Go stay at Tropical Palms , it's a good 2nd choice...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

D___M
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to hear FW's side of the story. I agree with some of the others here about the headline/story. All sizzle/no steak.
Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

My computer beat me at chess once; but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
We've had two fantastic experiences at Fort Wilderness, so I am surprised that there was a problem. I think maybe the deserved expectation for excellent service is why this thread has its title... At most "normal" campgrounds some confusion at the front desk is almost expected, but not at FW.

Normally October at Fort Wilderness is a great, less crowded time to be there, except for Halloween weekend -- which is why (I assume) the campground is showing full for that time, this far in advance.

Oh, something to try if you are AAA members - try using the AAA reservation system. I think AAA has a hotline or something to FW and Disney, because when we went our AAA representative was able to do / reserve everything right away by phone with Disney while she was also on the phone with me. Another bonus is if you can get a AAA discount if they have one available at the time... with one of our trips we got a substantial discount through AAA.

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
Love FW and never had a problem getting a reservation. Always had exceptional phone service just need to know how to go about doing it. Just my experience.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Wadcutter wrote:
One of the busiest times of the year for Disneyworld. They are swamped with Christmas holiday visitors. Try calling during a less busy time of the year. It's not like it was an emergency to call for reservations 10 months away.

this is the only post of wadcutter that I could find in this thread so I "assume" the horrid one has been deleted by the mods. If this post made you get your panties in a knot, sounds like he just gave good advice to me.
JMHO
bumpy

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
keepmotoring wrote:

And it is also like saying I shouldn't mail something through FedEx, USPS, UPS on Dec because it is their busy time of year!!!!

I'm curious how UPS and Amazon did on christmas eve?
bumpy

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
keepmotoring wrote:
Wadcutter, that's a stupid thing to say. Just because the campground is busy doesn't mean the reservation system shouldn't get calls. I have called many times in the middle of summer to ocean front campgrounds to make a reservation for the fall. All of them have taken my call in a timely manner. The people taking reservations in a large campground are taking reservations, not working the front line. That is there only job.

You got to remember that when you are calling disney reservations that you are not talking to people at Ft Wilderness, but the entire park. I imagine this is a very popular time for them to be making reservations for the new year. If they are busy, they are busy. They have the automated system to direct you to the right place. Any company that has that system, you still have to give them information. No matter if it's a credit card company, bank, phone company or whoever. Even when you give them your account number they want to know who they are talking to and verify info. I'm sure there is a reason they do it.

Personally, I would of just waited to a later time or day to call.

Remember, it's the happiest place on earth. ๐Ÿ˜„

And by the wat, I've never stayed at Ft Wilderness.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Waddy, your embarrassing yourself.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
keepmotoring wrote:
Lantley, we are doing great!! Neighbors, sometimes not the best but owners.managers great and makings reservations at campgrounds has always been no problem until Ft Wilderness.

Now that's the spirit! As the song says Don't worry be happy.
Disney/Fort Wilderness is a busy place. They actually do a decent job but I'm sure at times they can be overwhelmed with the volume of people wishing to get info on their attractions. I think sometimes we forget Disney is a World Wide attraction/destination. That's not an excuse for Disney, But the reality of how many calls a day they handle.
Comparing the phone volume to Tropical palms or any other campground to Disney is just silly.
I'm not crazy about automated phone systems ,but somewhere like Disney could not operate without some form of automation.
Without automation the phone would just ring and and ring.....while the staff dealt with the previous caller.
In today's world we can avoid phones use the internet to make reservations and get info. If we don't trust internet info we can also verify the internet info by reverting to the phone system! Sort of a vicious cycle.
We can also vent our frustrations via the internet, which sometimes helps make us feel better. But really doesn't change things in the long run.
Those that enjoy Disney put up with the crowds,long lines, and waits associated with the volume of people Disney serves. The Disney fans believe it's worth all the extra effort/hassle in the end to enjoy the Disney experience.
In any event life is just too short to sweat the small stuff. Disney and Fort W. are not the only game in town.
They are plenty of CG's in the area counting on Fort Wilderness'
overflow as part of their business plan. They know Disney cannot always accommodate everyone looking to stay at the FW and the other Disney Resorts. Enjoy your trip.
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

Oregon_Ms
Explorer
Explorer
You don't have to put in all of that automated info. Just say "representative". Personally I never deal with "robots" on telephones.

keepmotoring
Explorer
Explorer
Wadcutter, quit bothering me. Your problem is you aren't getting your way. You are are on my block list
LUVRVN