cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not a fan...at all

laknox
Nomad
Nomad

Not a fan of the new site...at all.  Too many major changes at one time.  Should have done a slow roll-out, with smaller changes every few weeks to allow us old farts time to acclimate.  For me, I'm out.

I will say, my rv.net login worked just fine.

Lyle

2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TeamGoodSam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @laknox

Thanks for giving the new community a fair chance! 

Unfortunately, with migrating 2.9 million posts and all RV.net users it was an all-or-nothing migration. If you have suggestions on how to improve the updated community let us know. We are always looking for suggestions from RV.net Alumni. 

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Diamond_c
Nomad
Nomad

I’ve been on here for a few weeks now and am starting to get the hang of it, slowly. The main problem I have with it first of all is that it takes so many steps to get logged in. How about a remember me button or something like that.

@Diamond_c wrote:

I’ve been on here for a few weeks now and am starting to get the hang of it, slowly. The main problem I have with it first of all is that it takes so many steps to get logged in. How about a remember me button or something like that.

I don't understand your problem. If you click on your icon after first getting to the site, it takes you directly to the sign on window. 

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

laknox
Nomad
Nomad

Another thing that's started bugging me, is that I have to log in all the time, even if I've only not looked at the site for 4-5 hours.  The old site allowed me to stay logged in for days/weeks at a time.  Took me a few days to realize that all the "new" messages that were popping up, were just old ones that show as new because I wasn't logged in.

Lyle

1936 John Deere Model A

Hi @laknox - we have added this to our list of items to work towards fixing so that we can have sustained login for longer periods of time. Thank you for your feedback.

MastEvac71
Nomad
Nomad

No problems here.  I like it.  Cheers

TeamGoodSam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @laknox

Thanks for giving the new community a fair chance! 

Unfortunately, with migrating 2.9 million posts and all RV.net users it was an all-or-nothing migration. If you have suggestions on how to improve the updated community let us know. We are always looking for suggestions from RV.net Alumni. 

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966

What happened to "Around the Campfire?"

Hey @d1h & @MNtundraRet

"Around The Campfire" is one of the current items we are working to bring back based on user feedback. You should see this addition soon! 

As always, thanks for the feedback! 

@d1h wrote:

What happened to "Around the Campfire?"

I believe it ended up under: "Camping with Kids". If you go through your posts and replies you will likely find they ended up there. It may have been the closest match when the old RV.Net posts were merged here. 

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

In my computing experience, and I go back to 300 baud dialup connections, when a company wanted to make a major change in their online appearance, they first let people know that major changes would be coming to the site, with (maybe) some screenshots of what things would look like.  This can generate basic feedback as to appearance.  Then, they would run parallel sites and give users the opportunity to "check out" the new site with basic functionality, but still be able to swap back and forth.  Then, when the new site was ready to go, give users a heads-up that the new site will go fully live on XX date and the old site would no longer be available.  More work?  Yes.  Easier on your customer base?  Yes.  Retain more customers by "easing in" the new site?  Almost certainly.  You guys aren't like Microsoft in that you have competitors, many competitors, where your users can get the info they want / need.

Not sure if this major change was driven by lower overall usage, or not.  I know that when I started being more active in the online RV fora, rv.net's Fifth Wheel forum, where I usually hang out, was near-dead, and many other fora were also way down on traffic, compared to a few years ago when rv.net was probably the most active.  The past year, or so, I've just been skimming through rv.net due to there being so few new posts, and head off to other RV fora.

Lyle
1936 John Deere Model A