cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2010 ram diesel laramie package

JASPERJR
Explorer
Explorer
has anyone run into problems with the O2 sensors, wiring harnesses and other goodies that go along with the "high Tech" bs that this truck has...getting frustrated.....
36 REPLIES 36

majorloser
Explorer
Explorer
I have a '10 Ram diesel. I haven't had any issues so far. But I did buy the extended warranty through June 2017 just in case.
2010 Ram 2500 Megacab Laramie w/Cummins
Firestone R4Tech rear suspension
Pullrite SuperGlide 18K w/ Bedsaver
2012 KZ Durango 1500 D295CS

sk734
Explorer
Explorer
X2
Really no good reason to talk trash about anything others buy. It is their problem either good or not good. I have not seen a perfect truck yet.

chevman

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
B.O. Plenty wrote:
I've never been brand loyal. I've owned all of them. Some were great some weren't. I spent most of my working days in an automotive service department. Saw lots of good vehicles and plenty of lemons. Only a fool would think his favorite brand is always going to be the best made. Every manufacturer comes up with some bad ideas from time to time.

B.O.

Brand Loyalty - and.....
"Every manufacturer comes up with some bad ideas from time to time".

They sure do!..:(

Best place to go to find out who is having grief with which engine, trans, computer flashes, etc. is -

The forums for whatever brand *YOU* have - or are considering.

Check the "Help" section for the year you own.
(Or the engine, trans sections - however the forum sorts it out)
See what problems *OWNERS* are having - and how solved, etc.

The same applies if/when you are considering purchase of a new or used tow vehicle.
Look for the good-bad-ugly reports by folks that own and drive 'em.

For "JASPERJR" - that would be one of the (several) Dodge Diesel forums..;)

goukcats
Explorer
Explorer
I have owned all 3 brands & mostly Fords. I've had great luck with all except one 2001 Ford with a 5.4. You couldn't keep coils on it & Ford would not acknowledge a problem. The 2011 Ram is my 1st diesel & 1st Ram. My brother always had great success with Rams & at the time of my last purchase; I liked the Ram interior best & it continues to be an excellent TV. If buying new, I would seriously consider all 3 without hesitation. If Toyota made a 3/4 or 1 tn, I would also include it because our Avalon has been awesome. I just wish our RVs had as consistent QC as the average truck of any brand.
Wayne & Sheryl
Plus Ollie & Sophie
(they don't know they're dogs)
2011 Ram Laramie 2500 CC 4X4 6.7 Cummins
2015 Columbus 320

"Where ever you go, there you are" Buckaroo Banzai

Coach-man
Explorer
Explorer
larry barnhart wrote:
hammer21661 wrote:
dezl_dr wrote:
Rare to here a ram owner telling it like is.
This forum is so full of brand loyal fan boys ready to talk trash on someoneelse's product it is pretty sad. I am not going to go any farther.

Really no good reason to talk trash about anything others buy. It is their problem either good or not good. I have not seen a perfect truck yet.

chevman

Most of the time it comes down too when the truck was built, Friday afternoon or Monday morning, bad time! Friday PM everyone getting ready for weekend, Monday AM a lot of hung over people from to much partying on weekend, this would aply to any make!

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
My 03 has 185K and no emissions from the factory. Only major cost so far was the automatic transmission $2500

gwalter
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have 72000 on my 2010 with no problems on engine or body. It is definitely a better body build and ride than my 04 Ram diesel was, but the mileage was much better with the 5.9.
2010 Ram 3500 Laramie
2021 Bighorn 3120 RK
B & W Companion Hitch
Air Bags

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
dezl_dr wrote:

Most do, it's just that there is not much bad to tell.

My 2014 has been okay other then a few issues ,seat problems, which is just annoying ,certainly not earth ending. One CEL which required a software update, and of course the three recalls in 10 months , which one of them they haven't come up with a fix yet, just a notification. So yes there are issues . I don't know what qualifies for bad, but I do read the Cummins forum, and there is plenty that is bad over there.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
alboy wrote:
Im always on the GM Forum,you see very few if any issues with the newer trucks CP4 included.I tend to put a lot of miles on around town lately and have had no regen issues.

If GM was handling CP-4.2 failures the way Ford is, then you would be hearing about it. However if your GM dies and the dealer service fixes it no questions asked, then some may not even know it was a CP-4.2 failure! Chris

I don't read all the Ford forums, but to date I am aware of the one Ford CP-4.2 failure here on this forum that was denied warranty . If there are more denied warranties as some suggest, its a pretty quiet subject . This forum doesn't seem to be littered with this denied warranty issue, other then the one that is repeated over and over.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
alboy wrote:
Im always on the GM Forum,you see very few if any issues with the newer trucks CP4 included.I tend to put a lot of miles on around town lately and have had no regen issues.

If GM was handling CP-4.2 failures the way Ford is, then you would be hearing about it. However if your GM dies and the dealer service fixes it no questions asked, then some may not even know it was a CP-4.2 failure! Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

alboy
Explorer
Explorer

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
mobilcastle wrote:
Are Ram trucks still using the CP-3 injector pumps or have they switched to the CP-4? If the CP-4 pump blows it is like a grenade going off in your fuel system with metal going everywhere. Aprox cost to repair is 15K. Don't sweat the wiring harness.Good luck with whatever you have.

The Ram 2500+ Cummins powered trucks still use the CP-3! A very good reason to choose it over a VW TDI, Ford Super and Duramax. However the RAM 1500 Italian V-6 diesel has the CP-4.

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

huron52
Explorer
Explorer
If I would have been able to buy new I may have bought a GM but buying used and wanting a stick I looked only for a Dodge. Yes because of the motor. Pre 6.7 version as well. The truck side has been a little bit of a problem some times. nothing major.
2006 Dodge quad cab RAM 3500 drw 4X4 6 speed stick
2007 Fleetwood Redline 335 Toy Hauler

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
dezl_dr wrote:

Most do, it's just that there is not much bad to tell.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD