cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

6pt level up

maxx1015
Explorer
Explorer
I have the 6pt level up on my 5th wheel when I go to level it is it ok for the wheels to come off the ground when I do auto level and por or cons tks for ant info
6 REPLIES 6

maxx1015
Explorer
Explorer
Ric Flair wrote:
maxx1015 wrote:
I have the 6pt level up on my 5th wheel when I go to level it is it ok for the wheels to come off the ground when I do auto level and por or cons tks for ant info

Does it happen every time or just when you're on really un level ground?
really unlevel ground and its not all wheel sometime it is just one side

JamesBr
Explorer
Explorer
I am new it it as well but I wouldnt want to lift the wheels completely off the ground. when I last leveled I had one side pretty much fully extending the suspension, but the wheels where firmly on the ground. If I use that site again, I will put at least 1 2x10 on the ground if not 2 just to keep the suspension loaded.
2006 Ford F350 6.0
2014 Primetime Sanibel 3600
Enough other vehicles to not bother listing.

Previous RV: 2001 Monaco Knight

Y-Guy
You're right Dave, they say in the sales lit you can use it to change a tire, but like our Motorhome leveling system leaving it up isn't recommended.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

dedmiston
I salesman told me last weekend that you can use the levelers to get the wheels off the ground to change a tire. Sounded fishy to me.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Y-Guy
First page of the owners manual that I found online.

NEVER LIFT THE UNIT COMPLETELY OFF THE GROUND. LIFTING THE UNIT SO THE WHEELS ARE NOT TOUCHING GROUND WILL CREATE AN UNSTABLE AND UNSAFE CONDITION.

Level Up Owners Manual

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Ric_Flair
Explorer
Explorer
maxx1015 wrote:

Does it happen every time or just when you're on really un level ground?
2013 GMC 3500 DRW 4x4 SLT Duramax
2013 Road Warrior 415 Toy Hauler
2013 Kawasaki 4010 Mule