cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Amana Conv/Micro Radarange

tomthyme
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2011 Carriage Cameo came with an Amana Radarange Convection / MIcrowave oven. We bought the rig new. We've used the microwave regularly (when we travel - maybe a couple of months a year). We have used the convection about a dozen times total. Today, I was cooking on the convection cycle for about an hour. Then the thing just quit - no lights, no power, just shut down.

I've checked the breaker, plugged another device into the outlet, etc. so I know the oven has power going to it.

Anybody have any experience with these things failing? If so, can you recommend a favorite replacement?

Thanks so much!

Tom
2015 F350 King Ranch Dually 4x4, 22k Reese hitch
2011 Carriage Cameo 37cksls
Sarah (most beautiful creature in the world)
Mickey (105lb golden - good thing he's pretty)
Ashlee (85lb lab - spectacular pal)
Dutch (120lb lab - young one in training)
2 REPLIES 2

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
We have a panosonic that had an internal fuse that would blow occasionally when we tried to use the microwave too soon after using the convection.

tkcas01
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like the control board may have gone bad. Did you try unplugging it for a few minutes then plugging it back in? Sometimes that can "reset" them.

We are about to replace our oven that is almost 10 years old. We are going with this Whirlpool WMH76719CS currently on a good sale at both Best Buy and Home Depot.

At this post you can find the report from another RVer that recently installed it and enjoying it - reports that he has since seen it in new rigs.
Roaming Full Timer