cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

black streaks

jbmoo
Explorer
Explorer
I might not be posting this in the proper place, if not, I apologize. I have tried several products when washing my fw, however have had very little success removing streaks. I have fiberglass sides on my 04 hr savoy. I try to keep it spotless, but nothing I have tried works. any suggestions would be appreciated.
jbmoo
2013 ram 2500 cummins
2004 hr savoy
18 REPLIES 18

aruba5er
Explorer
Explorer
white sidewall cleaner works great and no scrubing. But it will take off the wax

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
My first 5ver had some bad black streaks.....tried everything to get them off including the "special" black streak remover. Would not work. Then tried Awesome.....came right off......waxed afterwards and still looked great after a couple of years.
cpaulsen

kmbelt
Explorer
Explorer
I've used camco, thetford, and all other brands. The one that works best for both me and my parents is made by a company called crown. I get it at Menards. Actually was in the other day and they were clearance them out as they don't' sell enough of it. bought every bottle for $2.50 each.

Crown
2014 Ram 2500, 6.4 Hemi, CC, 4x4
2010 Puma 259RBSS

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
I use the stuff that Wally World has on the shelf in the RV section.

goducks10 wrote:
Terryallan wrote:
The wide gutters work well. But to remove the black streaks, and make it easier to keep them off. Just wax them off with a good cleaner wax. I use Mequire's.
No need to use a harsh cleaner like awesome, or black streak remover. And then have to wax anyway. They will just wax off with cleaner wax, ONE step, and done. Works great. And fiberglass sides are super easy to wax.
Again. Keeping a good wax job on the RV, Makes removing the streaks a breeze.

x2.

X3--- AND keep the roof clean.. That's where the black streaks start....
Joe
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Terryallan wrote:
The wide gutters work well. But to remove the black streaks, and make it easier to keep them off. Just wax them off with a good cleaner wax. I use Mequire's.
No need to use a harsh cleaner like awesome, or black streak remover. And then have to wax anyway. They will just wax off with cleaner wax, ONE step, and done. Works great. And fiberglass sides are super easy to wax.

x2.

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

craiger4
Explorer
Explorer
Simple green followed by a wash works great.

Dave2001
Explorer
Explorer
Check out this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia0wV_y6Jgo
I'm doing my 5er now. I used the stuff from CW but it did not cut it. I searched the web and saw the above you tube video using LA's Totally Awesome All Purpose Cleaner. It only costs a dollar at Dollar Tree for 32oz. I was skeptical, but it really works. The guy in the video used a scrubby sponge and the cleaner full strength , very little scrubbing, then wiped it with a wet rag. Then he dried it with a clean rag.
2005 Holiday Rambler Alumascape 32SKD
2001 Dodge 2500 Quad cab, 4x4, HO, 6spd, 4:10

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
jbmoo wrote:
I might not be posting this in the proper place, if not, I apologize. I have tried several products when washing my fw, however have had very little success removing streaks. I have fiberglass sides on my 04 hr savoy. I try to keep it spotless, but nothing I have tried works. any suggestions would be appreciated.

Forget all the over the counter house cleaners. They don't work and can harm RV gelcoat finishes.

They make an RV cleaner specifically for 'black streaks' on RV's.

IT works period.
And guess what? It's called "RV Black Streak Remover"!!!:B

Can be found at any camping store, rv dealership and even some walmarts.
Camco Full-timers Choice RV Black Streak Remover.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

frisbeekev
Explorer
Explorer
x2 on the simple green followed by washing. works great. works well on rims too.

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Demco Black Streak remover works good for me. The areas that streak the most I put extra wax on. I hear that magic erasers work to. Good luck
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

Jack_Diane_Free
Explorer
Explorer
I have had excellent success with Simple Green 'Automotive'.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
rhagfo wrote:
Get yourself some of the little gutters, that keep the roof runoff off of the sides of the 5er.

LOL. They only work half heartidly at best. Awsom from dollar stores works well. But wax after.