cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bug preventer

Deraldjr
Explorer
Explorer
Getting ready to travel west for vacation in April. I am looking if there is any spray agent to coat front of RV to make it easier to remove bugs when they get stuck to fiberglass.
24 REPLIES 24

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't think anything stops bugs from sticking. Might be the angle of my front cap but speed seems to figure into the sticky equation. The faster they slam into the front cap the more likely they are to stick. Also a good wax helps. Many hundreds of miles & a month or so of using Meguires Flagship wax bugs mostly wash off with hose & brush.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

TxGearhead
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've used Pam cooking spray but it gets snotty when it is rained on. Also many years ago used Future floor wax. Didn't hurt anything.
Lots of wax.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I applied TopCoat F11 this winter. We will see how it works this next summer on the trailer. I like it on my car, bugs and dirt still get on the car but it is easier to clean off. You need to apply multiple coats and it is expensive.

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
hot water works sometimes to remove buhs. I've never seen so many bugs as I did in Kansas and other points in the midwest.

PmsPks
Explorer
Explorer
I've been using Rejex on the front and it makes the bugs slide right off.
Paul & Pam
2007 Damon Tuscany 4076
2007 Jeep Wrangler

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
GordonThree wrote:
Rain-x maybe? Not a spray but a liquid you apply following the instructions closely.
I don't think so, Rain-X specifically warns to keep it off of painted surfaces. Great product though!
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

I use a heavy coat of wax on the front cap before each trip... and I found that if you hose off the bugs at each stop for the night, that helps emensly....
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
ScottG wrote:
Lots of wax & hose off in morning after dew has soaked them loose.

Yes, this, even a coat of easy to apply Protect All, between waxing, makes a big difference. The big thing though, the heavy dew or overnight rain will make this job easy. Just don't wait until it drys, get out there early.

Jerry

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Lots of wax & hose off in morning after dew has soaked them loose.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Rain-x maybe? Not a spray but a liquid you apply following the instructions closely.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed