cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deep discount on 1 model year old TH?

remoandiris
Explorer
Explorer
For those of you that bought a TH one model year old, did you get a deep discount? I am considering a 2013 Cyclone 4000 instead of a 2014, but I only want it at a very good price. Otherwise, I might as well order a 2014 with the options I want instead of settling on a leftover.
2011 GMC 3500 Dually
New to me 2006 Jayco Designer 38RDQS
2 Boxers and a Maine Coon
23 REPLIES 23

TRIPLE8
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, in my case it was discounted. I bought my 08 in april of 09 for $10,000 less than they were asking for the 09.
06 chevy silverado 2500 d-max
2013 Ford F350 DRW
2021 Host Mammoth
2007 KTM 525 EXC
2019 RZR Turbo S
2020 Yamaha MT-07
87 Suzuki Samurai (highly modified)

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
BobWanderer wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
BobWanderer wrote:

In one case its just the exterior color and a few tiny details.

that is being way too picky IMHO.
bumpy

If Momma isn't happy, no body is going to be happy !!

One of the salesman was talking to Me about how I liked this and that, I said all I am looking for is a rig I can safely tow, Our Rhino will fit in and has decent customer service, Momma makes all the other decisions 😉

I feel your pain. 😉
bumpy

BobWanderer
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
BobWanderer wrote:

bumpy

If Momma isn't happy, no body is going to be happy !!

One of the salesman was talking to Me about how I liked this and that, I said all I am looking for is a rig I can safely tow, Our Rhino will fit in and has decent customer service, Momma makes all the other decisions 😉
2008 GMC 2500HD 4X4 DMAX CC
2004 Thor Wanderer Wagon 247WTB
2006 TE450 Husky
2007 Rhino Sport Edition

SRockwood
Explorer
Explorer
For most people, it's probably easier to do your negotiating via email or fax. On-site negotiating will often have the buyer pressured into buying, and your lack of familiarity with the process (depends on the person, obviously) might show.

Best part about email/fax is you can write preposterous things without a stutter giving it away. Just check out the ones you like, head home, make a decision, and then email the person you talked to asking about best price, etc (or call and tell them to fax it to you). Whittle it down on the one you REALLY want, then ask them if they can do better with one of the 2013s leftover on the lot, and make a decision if it's worth it.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
BobWanderer wrote:

bumpy

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
oder what you want, and knock 30% off what ever the dealers price is, there realy is no msrp, the dealer tags the price at what ever he wants.

dbbls
Explorer
Explorer
Dealers will try to make you think you are getting a discount but in reality, no. I would order to get just what you want, don't settle for something else.
2011 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 Dually Diesel
2012 Big Country 3450TS 5th Wheel

skipnchar
Explorer
Explorer
last years models are USUALLY almost identical to this years offerings and are often MORE in demand. I wouldn't expect MUCH of a discount as they still have the same warranty. MIGHT be able to get a new set of tires for it but not that much more discount than already being offered on new models.
2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

BobWanderer
Explorer
Explorer
The rigs we have looked at had a "sale price" 8K less than the list.
They are pushing the 2013 left overs on Us, even though they are not exactly what We want.
The dilemma for Us, take them up on the offer and save a good amount of money even though a few things are not what we would prefer or wait for the rig we want.

Probably going back out this next weekend and see if they can make a better offer.
2008 GMC 2500HD 4X4 DMAX CC
2004 Thor Wanderer Wagon 247WTB
2006 TE450 Husky
2007 Rhino Sport Edition