cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Demco #6099 Dodge Prep Truck Bracket installation

StarTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone install the Demco #6099 Dodge Prep Truck Bracket in a 2016 Dodge RAM? I just purchased a 2016 RAM 3500 short bed truck with the factory 5th wheel prep option, I am trying to install the Demco bracket but am having a problem with the locking pucks. Everything lined up but I could not turn the handles to lock it in place. I removed the Washer Shim at the top of the locking pin and was able to turn one of the four locking pins. The other three still seem to not drop down far enough to provide clearance to turn the pin and engage the locking feature.

Anyone have this problem and how did you resolve it.

Thanks
12 REPLIES 12

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
minnow wrote:
Me Again wrote:
..I do not know where the OP went...
Chris

Where all new posters go that come here asking for help and never to be heard from again. He posted the same question on at least two other sites (under different user names) and had never responded back to any of them.

Poeple like that always makes me want me to jump in and help - not.

It happens a lot. No biggie other do benefit.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

minnow
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
..I do not know where the OP went...
Chris

Where all new posters go that come here asking for help and never to be heard from again. He posted the same question on at least two other sites (under different user names) and had never responded back to any of them.

Poeple like that always makes me want me to jump in and help - not.

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
Me Again wrote:
Put a piece of pipe over the handles and work them a few times. Mine have loosen up after use and I may have to install the shims again.

Two of mine have one of the two shims and the other two none, presently.

Chris

I do not know where the OP went, put I have recent experience with the Demco picture frame and provided the answer he was looking for. A piece of 1" SS boat railing fit over the lock handles, once I cycled them a few times they now lock and unlock easily. And I may be reinstalling shim washers.

Chris

Got my picture frame adapter in July of 13' and used it till last January.. It came with instructions on how to adjust it for the very thing the OP is asking about. I had the same problem he did, followed the instructions that came with the adapter and the problem was solved.

To the OP, did you get the picture frame adapter without any install instructions or notes on how to adjust it to make it work? Un;ess something has changed, It was a simple fix, but you had to loosen the locking T to get more space for it to have room to lock down, and when locking it needs to be a little tight.
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Me Again wrote:
Put a piece of pipe over the handles and work them a few times. Mine have loosen up after use and I may have to install the shims again.

Chris

I do not know where the OP went, put I have recent experience with the Demco picture frame and provided the answer he was looking for. A piece of 1" SS boat railing fit over the lock handles, once I cycled them a few times they now lock and unlock easily. And I may be reinstalling shim washers.

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
You may have to make an adjustment in some of the T-type lock downs, One may be too tight to allow you to lock the picture frame adapter into place.. I had one before I purchased the B&W RVK 3600 and had to loosen up two of the T locks to be able to lock the adapter into place. Should be info on this in the installation of the adapter. If your's is like my Mopar picture frame adapter, There are cotter pins holding bolt in place inside of tub, not very easy to remove..again, this is with the Mopar picture frame adapter that I had to use to drop into the puck system, then mounted a hitch to the adapter.
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
dinwiddi wrote:
Yes Cummins, I now have a 2015 ram 3500 drw with the puck. I have been unsuccessful in amending the signature.

Good call on BOTH truck and hitch.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

dinwiddi
Explorer
Explorer
Yes Cummins, I now have a 2015 ram 3500 drw with the puck. I have been unsuccessful in amending the signature.

Jerry & Ellen
2004 276 RLS FW Coachmen

Chaparral " Miss Ellens Delight"

:R
2015 RAM 3500 Dually 4X4 Cummins 68RFE 3.73 ram prep B&W 3600

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
dinwiddi wrote:
dapperdanX2 only had to adjust one bolt.

Do you have a different truck than in your signature? Only the 13 and newer RAM trucks have the puck system being talked about.

On my B&W RVK3600 i had to slightly adjust one puck bolt then it dropped right in.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

dinwiddi
Explorer
Explorer
dapperdanX2 only had to adjust one bolt.
Jerry & Ellen
2004 276 RLS FW Coachmen

Chaparral " Miss Ellens Delight"

:R
2015 RAM 3500 Dually 4X4 Cummins 68RFE 3.73 ram prep B&W 3600

dapperdan
Explorer
Explorer
I can't speak for the Demco system but when I installed my B & W into the factory pucks the hitch base is equipped with adjustment bolts The instructions are to loosen the bolts slightly, enough to allow the "feet" of the hitch to move ever so slightly, the base drops into place, you re-tighten those bolts and from that point on you're all set. Might there be the same thing on your set up?

Dan

is_it_friday_ye
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not too familiar with the factory prep but do you have a plastic bedliner? If so, maybe trim it a little so it can sit flush?
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins SRW, Airlift airbags, Bilstein shocks, Smarty Jr., stainless turbo back exhaust, B&W Patriot 18K

2015 Grand Design Momentum 328M, disc brakes, Progressive Industries 50 amp EMS