cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kitchen & Dining Slide Will Not Come In

rdturn
Explorer
Explorer
My 2008 FR Wildcat dinner/kitchen slide is stuck in the out position. When we parked it at its current site I opened all the slides and left it (its under a cover). Now the slide will not come in. It just clicks when I press the button to pull it in our out. Any ideas? Is the pump bad? Could it be off kilt, causing it not to come in? All responses appreciated. Thanks
-Roger
2004 F250 SD Ford L/B
2008 FR Wildcat 30RL
9 REPLIES 9

rdturn
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. I will go to the campground Sat and check it out. I have never noticed batteries before but it makes sense...
-Roger
2004 F250 SD Ford L/B
2008 FR Wildcat 30RL

gtnsmlr
Explorer
Explorer
Had the same problem, I heard the controller click but no action. I went into the control panel and found the power wires from the slide motor had come loose from the panel lugs. All the supply wires were loose. Retightened everything and all works fine. I went thru the whole electrical system and found a bunch of moused up stuff...
The older we get, the faster we go

RustyJC
Explorer
Explorer
rdturn wrote:
This is going to sound strange but what batteries are you referring to? This is a 5th wheel trailer. My truck batteries are less than 1 year old.

If you aren't even aware that your 5th wheel has batteries, the likelihood is very great that the batteries haven't been serviced. If you have a "dumb" power converter, then the batteries are probably low on electrolyte and can't put out the voltage needed to operate the slideout motors.

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972

2016 Ram 3500 Dually Longhorn Crew Cab Long Bed, 4x4, 385/900 Cummins, Aisin AS69RC, 4.10, 39K+ GCWR, 30K+ trailer tow rating, 14K GVWR

B&W RVK3600

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
If you have HD jumper cables with you, try jumping direct from truck battery to trailer battery. This will bring the slides in, if it is a low battery problem. Let the truck run while jumping.

Jerry

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
The FWs battery/batteries need to have a good charge to operate the slides. Even if hooked to shore, or truck, most times slides will not operate without a well charged house battery.

Jerry

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
rdturn wrote:
This is going to sound strange but what batteries are you referring to? This is a 5th wheel trailer. My truck batteries are less than 1 year old.

There is at least 1 battery on your FW to run all the 12v circuits, including the slides and the front jacks. If the battery is weak, dry or there is a bad connection on the cables, it can drop the voltage enough to cause the slide motor(s) not to work. You should have a compartment somewhere in the front with a battery in it. If you have manuals for your coach, please take the time to read them. Ask a neighbor for help if you can't find it.

On edit:
My guess there is a covered battery box in the front storage compartment, under the overhang. Should have some sort of a vent tube on top, going to the outside.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

rdturn
Explorer
Explorer
-Roger
2004 F250 SD Ford L/B
2008 FR Wildcat 30RL

Tiger8r
Explorer
Explorer
Try retracting the slide manually, 3 or 4 turns on the hand crank, then try the electric retract. If it still will not retract electrically check your batteries they may need to be charged. Hope this helps.

CampingN_C_
Explorer
Explorer
Good charge on the battery? Most still need a good 12 volt battery regardless of being plugged in to shore power.
2018 Ram 3500 DRW CCLB Aisin 4.10 4x4

2018 Jayco Talon 413T
B&W Companion