cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

training needed re: elect. ops of used Arctic Fox fiver y

12lightsacrosst
Explorer
Explorer
Picked up our newer Arctic Fox 27-5L Fiver today. Can I post a request for one on one training for about 4 hours to get tutored on the electrical system?
Thanks
17 REPLIES 17

12lightsacrosst
Explorer
Explorer
You guys are fantastic. I hope I get a chance to repay the kindness. They installed two new batteries today. Thanks for the chart, it fits my learning style. After re-reading the Binder for the 3rd time I did find what I believe to be the previous owner's name on a Carefree of Colorado( factory installed awning) Limited Warranty Reg. Form. Although no phone number is shown,name address is present. So I will try to make contact. The Dealer he bought the unit from is Barrett RV, possibly near Oriskany Falls, NY. I'll keep you all updated on the status of our AF. Planning to camp for a few days later in January on the Coast, N. or S. I'm not sure yet. We're very thrilled with the unit.
Carl

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Basic RV AC/DC Systems

12 Volt Side of Life

RV Electrical Systems

RV Electricity Explained

The 'converter' has a 120V AC input and a 13.2V DC output (minimum.....can be up to 14.4V when bulk charging your batteries)
It supplies the RV 12V DC system with power when RV is connected to an AC power source. Batteries supply the needed 12V DC when NOT connected to AC Source

AC Panel is just like electric panel in house.....has MAIN breaker and individual circuit breakers for microwave, A/C Unit, outlets, electrical heat elements in fridge/water heater, converter.

DC area has fuses that are for the various items......furnace, water pump, lighting, control circuits for fridge/water heater/ A-C Unit, landing gear/stabilizing jacks, roof vent fans

And if you mess with batteries..........
TAKE A DETAILED PICTURE PRIOR TO DISCONNECTING ANY CABLES!!!!

Just send check to :
Old-Biscuit
General Delivery
Camp Verde Post Office
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
Since OP Carl stated that he "picked up" his AF, I'd assume that it's a done deal. Carl, I'd still not hesitate to call the previous owner with any questions you have, even with his detailed book. IMO, anyone who went to the trouble to write up his mods, is pretty likely to have done things correctly. ๐Ÿ™‚ There are a couple good sites about RV electrics; one, in particular, deals with just about anything you can think of. Google "12 volt side of life" and you should find it.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

gkainz
Explorer
Explorer
Is the previous owner not available to walk you thru it? If so, bring along a helper to video the whole walk thru for future reference.
'07 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 Quad Cab
'10 Keystone Laredo 245 5er

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Come up to LaPine or Goose Lake state parks this summer for vacation. I'll spend a couple hours with you for the cost of a few beers on my days off.

12lightsacrosst
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the two crucial tips on connecting batteries and the second about about not mixing different batteries.

12lightsacrosst
Explorer
Explorer
The 27-5L is a 2006. The previous owner took very good care of it. It will be comfortable for the two of us and our senior German Shepherd.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
What year is the 27-5L?

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not that much to learn. Read the manual and you don't figure out ask a few questions about. Everything on the trailer is 12 volt except the water heater and refrigerator when in the 110 volt mode, the TV, wall plugs and converter which also charges the battery is 110 also...What's left?

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
12lightsacrossthebay wrote:
For instance the owner installed a Progressive Dynamics, Inteli-Power 9100 Series Electronic RV Converter Chargers, model PD9160AV ( OEM # PD9160A). And a PD 5000 Series 30 Amp 120VAC Combi. AC/DC Power Control Center.

I hope you find someone to help you out but it might turn out to be a BIG mistake not making training from the previous owner a condition of the sale.

Hopefully everything is inter-connected properly and it will just hum along on automatic pilot.

You DO need to know how the batteries are connected though before you go messing with them.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
First thing, you shouldn't mix batteries of different types and/or ages when pairing them together.

12lightsacrosst
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all very much. I am pouring through the extensive and well organized binder from the previous owner. Mechanical is no problem for me, jet weak on electronics. For instance the owner installed a Progressive Dynamics, Inteli-Power 9100 Series Electronic RV Converter Chargers, model PD9160AV ( OEM # PD9160A). And a PD 5000 Series 30 Amp 120VAC Combi. AC/DC Power Control Center. I am willing to pay up to $50/hr. To get some one on one training. Hoping someone close to Walnut Creek, CA will agree to help me. I also saved a brand new Marine deep cycle battery from our old trailer, that I may want to switch out from one of the two current older batteries in our new trailer. Not sure how to with the numerous cables attached to the two current batteries. I want to know how to trouble shoot ( minimize damage or mistakes I could make while on the road.

Moved from Forum Technical Support

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
12lightsacrossthebay wrote:
Can I post a request for one on one training for about 4 hours to get tutored on the electrical system?
Thanks

Unless you plan to do a complete rebuild of everything, I think about 15 minutes should be enough to go over the "user accessible" switches and controls. Maybe even less if you read the owner's manual first. ๐Ÿ˜‰

A really LOT of people on here delve into the electrical systems WAY more than they really need to.......in my opinion.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"