cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TST Tire system

T-Trucker
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all, just installed a TST system,the montier is picking up the id# of the sensors but I am not getting any readings,just measured off distance I am about 30ft apart between the monitor and the sensors,do I need to buy the repeater.Or is that distance within the monitors range???? Thx for any comments.
32 REPLIES 32

Dutch___Di
Explorer
Explorer
B.O. Plenty wrote:
I have steel stems. My problems have been mostly with the monitors. This is my 3rd one. It's almost impossible to program. I've followed the instructions as shown on You-Tube and mine doesn't work the way theirs does. I'm going to send it back when I get over being mad and I'm sure they will take care of it...

B.O.

Have you called either TST or the company you purchased your system from? Instead of U-tube, a call to either company can easily walk you through your setup and it doesn't take all that long. When we 1st got ours over 4 years ago, a rep walked me through my setup and it was up and operating in no time. Worth a try before you send it in especially if it is a "program" issue and not a bad monitor.
It can be frustrating to program for some people but that can be resolved with a phone call and some over the phone tech help. Diana
2015 Western Brown Pearl single cab Ram 3500 Dually. Aisin Transmission, Pace Edwards auto rolltop cover, DeBoe Slide Step, AMP Side Steps.
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Susp, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Auto Leveling System, TST TPMS

Dutch___Di
Explorer
Explorer
buc1980 wrote:
I got problem with the battery sensors.I send back 6-7 of them.Right now I NEED TO PAY FOR THEM.

Can you clarify what you posted? Which system do you have the 510 or 507. If your sensors are under the warranty period, you would return them and replacements would be sent to you at no charge. IF you are out of warranty then I would think you should expect to pay for replacements. Diana
2015 Western Brown Pearl single cab Ram 3500 Dually. Aisin Transmission, Pace Edwards auto rolltop cover, DeBoe Slide Step, AMP Side Steps.
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Susp, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Auto Leveling System, TST TPMS

Rough2000
Explorer
Explorer
I have had TST for about five years...they have saved me three times. I have had a problem with a couple of the sensors, which TST took care of right away. They are a great company to work with. The system gives me peace of mind to be able to look at the monitor and see my tire pressures. "Don't leave home without them"
If it moves but shouldn't, use Duct Tape. If it doesn't move but should, use WD40.

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
I got problem with the battery sensors.I send back 6-7 of them.Right now I NEED TO PAY FOR THEM.
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
B.O. Plenty wrote:
I have steel stems. My problems have been mostly with the monitors. This is my 3rd one. It's almost impossible to program. I've followed the instructions as shown on You-Tube and mine doesn't work the way theirs does. I'm going to send it back when I get over being mad and I'm sure they will take care of it...

B.O.

I have to say when I first started playing with the set up of the monitor I was having all kinds of trouble, got frustrated and mad, my wife said let me try, and just like that it worked as it was supposed to. Either she had a magic potion to make it work, or she was following the instructions better than I was. Sometimes all it take is someone else to give it a try and see how it goes. Now that has become her job whenever I remove the senders or work with the system.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Don___Carolyn
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder if the problem with the 'failure rate' has to do with the valve stem. We currently have valve stems that are supposed to work fine, but we bought the steel stems from TST so when we have the tires off, we can change the stems to better ones. We just got the TST system so we don't have experience with it yet.
Don & Carolyn

2006 Dodge 2500 diesel 6 speed
17' Casita Independence Deluxe

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've had a LOT of problems with mine not working correctly. Some people have good luck, some don't. Overall I think it's a piece of junk. It's spent most of it's time in a drawer. I must admit they have good service but I'm tired of paying the postage to keep sending it back. If I ever get working right I'm going to give somebody a heck of a deal on it..

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

YakFishMo
Explorer
Explorer
Mine works great! I've had it almost a year. When my truck is in the garage, it will pick up the camper tires from nearly 75 feet away and I'm only using the little 2 inch antenna. Since I have a dually, I'm reading 10 tires on mine.
2012 Cedar Creek 36 CKTS
2015 F-350 6.7 CC DRW

car2900
Explorer
Explorer
I have had my TST system for over three years on two trailers. Pulling a 38 Ft.5 th.wheel, no repeater. System works fine. When I traded trailers to the present one, I had one tire that was not reading. Called TST they told me to put a new valve core in the valve stem on that tire. The system started reading that tire.

Great customer service, great product.
2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40 AH
2010 Chevy HHR toad
Blue Ox Avail - SMI AF-1

diveman52
Explorer
Explorer
I have been dealing with this system for over 2 years. 70% failure rate on sending units. This stuff is CRAP.
Wish I had tried some other brand.

TST = JUNK
40+ Years in Electrical construction.
Retired IBEW Local 595
Every Days Saturday
2008 Newmar Dutch Star 4035

KATOOM
Explorer
Explorer
When I ordered my TST TPMS directly from TST, they said I would benefit from a repeater. Dont know if I needed it with my 38' 5th wheel but they said I probably would, and the system works great so far.

Dayle1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Call TST directly for help, great company. One of my in-wheel sensors stopped working after 14 months, called TST this morning and the new one is on it's way.
Larry Day
Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders since '01
'13 Silverado 3500HD LT 2wd CCSB SRW, custom RKI bed
'19 Starcraft Telluride 292RLS
Rig Photos

T-Trucker
Explorer
Explorer
Thx guys for all the suggestions I will give them a try.I am a truck driver so like the song says 6 days on the road I will get back to you all,Thx again Terry.