cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Unwanted critters

kmgk92
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everyone. Need some advice. We keep our camper on a seasonal site. Until this year we haven't had any critter issues. Unfortunately a our camper went unused for about 3 weeks. Now that we are back to using it I found we have unwanted critters. I'm not sure if it's mice, chipmunks or squirrels. I have spent the last two nights listening to them running in the ceiling. Yesterday I place traps in various areas and sealed any place I thought they might be coming in. I plan to check the roof today. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I still haven't figured out how to get traps in the ceiling since that's where I know they are.
18 REPLIES 18

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Try taking off the inside plastic trim peice on your roof vent, you should be able to see in your attic space. Put a couple traps in there. I would also tie a peice of string to the trap so you can retreive it. Good luck.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

re_tired
Explorer
Explorer
Driving them out once they are inside could be different than preventing them from getting in to start with. Some people swear by the electronic repellers. I tried them years ago in a garage and didn't notice any effect. Maybe newer ones work better or maybe a more powerful one. Some say it might take a couple weeks for them to escape the annoying sound.

One thing I wouldn't do is put out poison. Been there done that. You'll regret it. Use traps or sticky pads.

jstar
Explorer
Explorer
I've been told that if you put dryer sheets all around in cabinets, storage areas etc that most critters hate the smell or something about them and will relocate. Not sure how true it is but I have them all over my RV. Sealing everything up tight is also a good idea. You can also put them hanging out of your pocket for a mosquito repellent. Good luck!
jstar

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
its amazing how small a hole a nouse can get in, size of a dime. peppermint oil works for me a a product called fresh cab,