cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Patriot Act Issue

ricklord2001
Explorer
Explorer
A while ago I had an issue with a Kohl's credit card that I had they needed a verification of address and my St Brendans Isle mailing address had been flagged as a commercial mailing account. I really didn't want the card, my wife had signed me up for it, so I just canceled it no problem. Well we just got a letter from one of my wife's retirement accounts with the same issue they will not accept the Commercial mailing address. now the kicker all funds have been frozen in that account until we can provide a valid, non commercial address. Luckily we don't need the money right now and are currently
having a house built that should be complete by the end of the year.
BUT if this happens to my Bank Account or any of the several other accounts we have we could be for lack of a better term screwed.
I just spoke to the owner of the mailing service and he said he's never heard of anyone having there account placed on hold because of this, we're going to call and talk to management, hopefully we'll be able to resolve this. I'll update if anyone is interested.
17 REPLIES 17

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
You may have been hacked.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

ricklord2001
Explorer
Explorer
Can't use the address of the house as we haven't closed yet.

One other thing it seems to be a random thing as my wife's credit card wasn't affected when they flagged me.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
Use the address for the house